"Scared that I wouldn't come?" I teased in an overly breathy voice. I then watched with amusement as my innuendo processed in his mind.

His amber eyes bulged for a second and he began to cough. He looked up from the papers he had been reading as he coughed into his fist. His eyes landed on me and all his coughing ceased. He just froze.

His amber irises then went up and down my body. They took in my feet that had silver straps from the heel to just above my ankle. Then they went to my legs that were visible through the slits in the flowy purple tulle. His eyes went to my waist that had jewels embedded in fashionable bunches. His gaze then went to my chest which had the illusion neckline with the jewels but he quickly glanced up to my face. "Wow... You look... Wow," he uttered in amazement.

"Stop drooling brother," Cato told my husband with a chuckle. The king glared at his brother and the prince simply grinned in response. "You do look hot though," Cato complimented me.

I rolled my jade eyes and went to the king's side. I put my hand on the back of his chair and watched with smugness as I saw him force himself back to his papers, but he was obviously struggling to not look at me. "Where should Taylor and I sit?" I asked him.

The king glanced up from his work to Taylor, who was by the door, and said to me, "Wherever you wish my love."

I nodded and went to Taylor who hadn't moved past the doorway. I put her arm through mine and led her to the opposite side of the table... as far from the king as I could get her. I sat at the end and Taylor sat to my right. Cato was two seats away from the king on his right side and the king sat at the other end of the table.

Once I was settled into my seat I felt a wave of confidence. I was able to break through the king's persona. His emotionless mask didn't hold up well against the sight of me all dressed up.

"Where is this Jonas that I have heard so much about?" I asked the men.

Cato forced a grin and said, "Well it's Jonah, and he's on his way. I'm sure his parents were excited to see their only son after a year of his absence."

"Excited or not, it is rude to be late to a dinner with the king and queen," Taylor told Cato with fierce eyes. I gave her an impressed smile and she grinned back.

"Jonah is a good man. This dinner is to thank him for his service and acknowledge the good he has done. Don't make this a petty attack on him," Cato replied with a glare.

"Watch your tone, Cato. That's my wife and her friend you're speaking to," the king warned. The room went silent and I had an odd feeling that Cato didn't like me that much.

Taylor shifted with uneasiness at the tense atmosphere so I exclaimed, "Great! Now that that's settled. Who do I have to kill to get a drink around here?"

The king's mask was back on but I could tell he found my outburst amusing. His brother smiled and Taylor relaxed. Someone from the staff came up next to me and held up several different drinking options of wine. I asked if they had anything stronger and someone else poured a brown liquid into my golden cup.

Cato and Taylor then exchanged apologies over the earlier argument and they started to chat. The king and I stayed silent and simply listened to their boring conversation. Well... I'm assuming he did. I honestly didn't pay any attention. Instead, I began taking small sips of my drink.

The staff filled my cup up twice as I waited for the dinner to be served. Which won't happen until this Jonah guy gets here. Which seems to be taking a long time to happen.

Taylor and Cato kept talking, and I kept drinking. I'm lucky that my parents gave me such a high alcohol tolerance, or I'd be hammered by now.

The wait went on even longer and I could tell that even Cato was starting to get restless. Just as I was about to say we call it and just eat, the doors opened. I heard his voice before I saw his face, "I'm so sorry my king! My dragon has been acting up something awful since I got here, and I haven't wanted to set your table on fire."