CHAPTER 21: The midnight sparring session.

Comenzar desde el principio

"He's not lying, Hima struck his right leg's chakra point the day before yesterday in the Chunin exams, I thought it would be healed by now... but whatever" Boruto looked at his opponent, "you ready?"

"Always" Vilson answered, "where are we going to do it? Surely not in this damn Academy!"

"No, we'll take it to the public training grounds," Inojin said, looking around for a bucket of popcorn and grabbing it, he probably noticed Sarada's eyes on him because he whispered, "just in case it gets too interesting..." 

-<>-

Ever seen shinobi fight in party suits? Well, she hadn't, so it only sparkled the interest a bit more. It was already night, they could barely see stars, but the moon was still so shiny to light the whole ground up.

Aside from her friends' conversations, the only other noises she could hear were an owl hooting and water, but there was no pond in sight. The training ground they had chosen was big, clean, and grassy, making it an ideal location for sparring.

Vilson took off his blazer and threw it aside as he began stretching his body. Boruto did the same, but probably didn't see the need to stretch, so he just stood ready.

To be honest, Sarada was only interested in the upcoming fight for one reason: she wanted to see how much Boruto had really progressed, which she hadn't seen since he had given up in the Chunin Exams. And to see if Vilson wasn't just talking, that is.

"Get ready and begin!"

Both of them were remarkably quick. Boruto went straight in for a punch but Vilson blocked it and kicked him on the stomach, only for Boruto to puff in smoke, not his shadow clones again.

A pair of hands jumped from the ground beneath Vilson and caught his leg. They watched as lightning penetrated Vilson's body and disintegrated it into a puddle of liquid, a water clone? Stop with the clone game already. "Lightning Style: Shattering Jutsu!" said Vilson as he emerged from the puddle, so it wasn't a clone after all. 

Mitsuki raised an eyebrow in appreciation, "he can use water and lightning styles?"

As Vilson achieved his Jutsu, he fired a fast bolt of thin lightning towards Boruto's hands, and the ground around him exploded.

Boruto's hand's poofed, oh boy. "Wind Style: gale palm!" he came in from behind Vilson, who bent backwards immediately, avoiding the dangerous attack without even turning to look, this guy must be a sensory type...

"Lightning style: Kuroi Kaminari," he exclaimed as he jumped away and stretched his arms toward Boruto, who was taken aback by Vilson's amazing and fast movements. Sarada couldn't blame him; she, too, was impressed by this guy's aptitudes.

At the last moment, a second before the lightning was about to attack him, Boruto acted, "wind style: rumbling wind wall!" it held the lightning back for a moment, giving Boruto the chance to run from the side and perform his counter. "Lightning style: thunderclap arrow!"

Vilson quickly directed his black lightning toward Boruto's Jutsu, this time his spectacular Jutsu took the shape of an animal, "eat that!" he shouted as his Jutsu overpowered Boruto's.

Sarada spared a glance at her spectating friends; Cho-Cho's mouth was dropping potato as her jaw was down and she was still stuffing chips into her mouth, Inojin and Shikadai were watching intensely, Mitsuki was just smiling, nothing new there...

"Who knew this Vilson guy had this many tricks up his sleeve?" Shikadai asked, smirking. "Too bad his opponent is Boruto"

Boruto and Vilson clashed in a Taijutsu battle, with Boruto successfully kicking Vilson as the latter gave an opening when attempting to land a blow on his opponent's face. "Well done, Uzumaki Boruto," Vilson mocked. "but how are you going to fight this?" he closed his eyes and stretched two fingers out.

Boruto's body began trembling but he remained standing guard nonetheless. Sarada knew right away what was going on, and let's just say she was knocked for six.

"You can do Genjutsu?" Boruto asked, still looking like he was in agony.

Vilson smirked, "I can do a lot of other stuff too—"

"It would have worked if I hadn't received months of training for suppressing it," the Boruto wailing in agony disappeared in smoke as another walked from the shadows. Sarada's heart brimmed in pride for some reason at Boruto's keen intellect. His Jōgan glowed bright, pale blue in the darkness before he blinked it away. He must've used his Dojutsu to escape the illusion.

"You really are some fighter Uzumaki Boruto, to have countered my Genjutsu with a shadow clone substitution and to have escaped my black lightning, that's impressive, to say the least," Vilson commented, pulling a Kunai out of thin air, was it summoning Jutsu?

Sarada stared as Boruto put his fist out and covered it with white lightning, "Save your admiration for later Nakamura, shall we start the real fight?"

---------