Reuniting at a Bad Time (Age of Ultron 2015)

(In Outer Space)

"That should be everything we need to last for a few planets." Carol says to Talos as they procure some supplies for the refugees. After the Black Order had invaded their ship and Y/N activated the self-destruction sequence, they landed on a nearby planet which was full of many species, including Terrans. She did bump into one Terran that had a leather jacket on, who was chasing after a green-skinned woman while a raccoon and his tree-buddy chased after the two of then as well. Luckily, Carol didn't get caught in the crossfire.

"So, where to next?" Talos asks as they enter their newly acquired ship. But before she can answer, she gets a notification from her intergalactic pager, and when she sees the name of her crush on it, her eyes widened, both with fear and joy. Joy for being able to see him again, and fear for him getting into trouble that he can't get out of.

"I need to go, Y/N needs me." She informs Talos, who nods and tells her that they will be waiting for her until she returns. The two of them go their separate way, with Carol flying back to Earth as fast a she can, and Talos getting ready to depart in the ship.

'Don't worry, Y/N. I'm coming.' Carol tells herself while flying as fast as she can with only Y/N on her mind.

(In South Korea)

"Steve, do you think the Maximoff twins will see reason?" Y/N asks said person as they have arrived at U-Gin labs, where Dr. Cho works at.

"I don't know, Y/N. We can only hope we don't have to fight them anytime soon." Steve responds back, heading inside the building followed by Y/N. When they do get into the labs, they see that her fellow scientists have been killed, but Helen Cho herself is just hanging by a thread.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve calls out, kneeling in front of her inspecting the damage Ultron has done to her. He then grabs a white cloth from a random table and presses it up against her wounds. Y/N looks around the room, and sees that it has been stripped clean of tech, so he heads back out of the lab. However, Dr. Cho grabs onto his metal arm before speaking softly.

"He's uploading himself into the body." She says to the two of them.

"Where?" Steve asks.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." She says as the light in her eyes start to fade.

"First we have to find it." Steve says before Helen Cho just nods and tells them to go. They do so, but Y/N stops just before the doorway and looks back at her, and she just looks at him with a small smile. He nods to her before running out of the building, trying to catch up to the Captain.

"It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, you two. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." Clint informs them as both Steve and Y/N run to find a good vantage point to jump onto the truck.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Steve informs to them.

"Leave that to me Cap." Y/N volunteers as he places his left hand on Wailing Dark and flicks it so that the blade collar just peeks out of the sheathe. Once they are able to see the truck come up on the freeway, they run across from them and jump off it and onto the truck.

"No, no, no, no, no. Leave me alone!" Ultron shouts, aggravated that they are still annoying him, as he fires off a beam towards the doors of the truck. The door that Steve is on swings wide open, while Y/N's door just manages to stay closed. As Steve swings his door back, they get blasted yet again. This time, the door get completely destroyed with one of them being used as a makeshift ramp for them to stand on.