27

erin

        "Oh, hey Adam!" Tom exclaimed, but quietly.

        "Tom! Who's this?" he says, gesturing to me.

        "My beautiful date, that's who." he says with a smile.

        I feel my cheeks heat up. "T-Tom! Not in public!" 

        He grins, and tells Adam our orders. "Sorry for the public humiliation . . ." he murmurs.

        I giggle slightly. "It's fine Tom." 

        "No, seriously. I just embarrassed you in front of a guy who you've never met."

        "Well, I mean, we're mutual friends." I argue.

        He shrugs. "Still. I doubt you've ever Skyped or anything."

        "How am I supposed to Skype someone when I spend hours recording Mianite?" I argue.

        "Well, I mean-"

        "Everybody freeze!" a man shouts.

        I look over to the doorway, and find a man with a ski mask on, and a handgun in his hand. I look back to Tom, my eyes widening. "Tom, what do we do?" I whisper.

        "Just listen to what he says, it will be okay." he whispers.

        I seen tears form in his eyes, and hear him mutter, "My will is in my flat back in London, the safe. Yours?"

        "My cabinet in my bedrooms bathroom. Keys under the carpet. Why?"

        "Because one of us might die tonight."

        "I SAID EVERYONE FREEZE!" the man yells, cocking his pistol.

        I look over to the man, and see he was holding a gun to Adam's head.

        "NO ONE MOVES, OR HE GETS IT!" 

        The room tenses up. Adam looked short on breath. Please god, don't let him go so quickly.

        The robber throws Adam to the floor, and walks up to the register. "COME ON LADY, I DON'T FOOL AROUND! GIVE ME THE D*** MONEY!" he shouts, his voice echoing the room.

        Since the man was facing the register, and not us, I quickly get out my phone, and text Leah.

"LEAH! CALL 911! TELL THEM 2 COM HERE! NO TIME 2 EXPLAIN!"

        The man turned around, and looked straight at Tom and I. Since my phone was in my lap, I quickly shove it in my purse, and hear the sirens from a distance. The man holds up his gun. "WHICH ONE OF YOU DID IT!?" he yells.

        He shoots the ceiling. "ONE OF YOU F****** ANSWER ME!"

        The sirens come to outside, and a group of men in navy blue suits come to the door, and on eof them kicks it up.

        "PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!" one of them yells.

        The man grabs some random woman, and puts a gun to her head. "I'LL SHOOT HER! I SWEAR!" 

        I look over to the cops, then the man, then the cops. One of the cops then try shooting the man, but with terrible aim, he hits a cylinder in the kitchen.

        The man grins, and we hear his pistol click. Then we hear a loud BANG!

        And that's when my eyes shoot wide open.

before you ask, no her whole life hasn't been a lie god