"No, he didn't. But I know. He was breaking up with me but his face had so much pain as if he's the one getting the dumping. And.. and besides, this is what happens."

Jin who looked so confused as if he was reincarcerated as a Lilliputian in Gulliver's Travels. "Happens when?"

"Haven't you watched A Walk To Remember? They're the happiest couple, but then the pale ass actress breaks up with the hunky handsome actor. Then he comes to know she's terminally ill and makes it his life's mission to give her a happy ending, even get married for a few days."

"Oh my-"

"Spoiler alert, I guess?" He shrugs now distracted with running highlighter over the pointers, seated with sprawled legs on the floor.

"Oh my fucking god!?" Jin finally tosses his sandal towards his brother, successfully knocking over Taehyung's head before bouncing to his side, earning a yelp.

"That is a shitty plot even for a movie! And you think it's happening in your life. Can't you cry out or get drunk or I don't know, eat a pint of ice cream like normal people do after getting dumped! Why are you like this?"

"First off, ow that hurt!?" he tosses the sandal back. "Secondly, I wouldn't just assume something like that, hyung. Jungkook is always always sick, this or that, something is always up. We had to cancel plans and stay in numerous times because of which. Not that I mind, the staying in stuff was pretty riveting-"

Seokjin clears his throat to stop him from running the horny-marathon while they're discussing his break up (or ever) to which Taehyung just rolls his eyes and continues. "Anyway, I will not ignore the signs like that stupid Landon. I will research and then save my Jamie from dying, or at least make his last days worth... dying?"

Pinching the bridge of his nose and chanting all the reasons why homicide isn't legal, Jin only gives away a defeated sigh. "This denial is toxic, Tae. It'll come back to bite you in the ass."

"Hyung please.." suddenly the unyielding timbre wavers, and is enough to show how it is only a scratch surface coating where lies beneath the actual ambiguity and sadness.

"I know my way around with men, and I've had that 'just-fucks' dynamic with many before it started with Jungkook, but those aren't supposed to last more than a year! Trust me, I know when someone only wants me to bed. Let me have this. Even if I'm delusional, let it come slap me in the face with reality. But I wanna learn not to read between the lines too much on my own. Please."

The retort to it is simple, warm, when Jin only defeatedly moves down to sit beside him on the floor and imbibes his brother in an embrace he seemed to be yearning desperately for.
"I trust you with your tiddie-instincts, but just this once. Got it?"

"Got it good. Once is all I will need." Taehyung nestles closer in the cradle of warmth before, Jin is pulling away to give a faux hard stare down to him.

"I'll be right here ready with tissues, booze and ice-cream."

****** Next day ******

Taehyung is oozing confidence. Partially because he always does and partially because it's Jungkook of all people. Any other chance, he wouldn't spare an over shoulder glance to someone who dumps him on the day he confesses, lest would he even fall if it were someone else.

All Taehyung knew a year and a half ago was how to fuck, and he knew a whole slew variations to it. There's been fucks that he remembers, yet countless that he's forgot.

Lo and behold, Jeon Jungkook comes along, gentle like a breeze of beach air after the rain, the one that you feel more than you see. And teaches Taehyung, despite his sexually-affluent past, a newfound meaning of touch.