Right then, Da Hu coughed softly and muttered, "I agree with Captain Jeon's point of view." Lisa nodded her head. "I agree too." Her voice came out much clearer than Da Hu's.

Rosé was seated between the two of them but her head remained lowered.

Director Liu glanced at them before she stared at Jungkook. "So, what you're saying is we're just going to forget about the fact that she let Brother Lu escape?"

Jungkook said, "I'm the head instructor of this operation. If you're looking for someone to punish, then I'll bear the consequences."

"Pa!" Director Liu threw the book in her hand onto the desk. "Jungkook, do you really think that I can't punish you?"

Jungkook remained silent with an expressionless face whilst the other people in the office dared not move a muscle. You could cut through the tension in the air with a knife.

All of a sudden, Rosé raised her head and choked out in between sobs."It's my responsibility, punish me if you'd like to. It has nothing to do with him... with Captain."

Only Rosé's soft sobs could be heard as she said this.

A cadre from the Provincial Department laughed. "Look at her, the young lady got scared. Stop crying... Jungkook, Director Liu is only being strict in order to improve the quality of your team from Lin City. Director Liu is always the one who praises you the most in the Provincial Department, so I doubt that she would actually punish her little junior brother." Both Jungkook and Director Liu had graduated from the Criminal Investigation Department at the Public Security University, so they were friends from the same course.

He then looked at Director Liu. "I think that Jungkook made sense too, how about you discuss the matter further when you return?"

Jungkook nodded. "You're right, I was too straightforward with my words, I didn't pay attention to the way I phrased it. Director Liu please cool down "

Director Liu was initially outraged at his insubordination, but upon hearing him humbling himself, she calmed down and nodded. "Disperse."

That afternoon, Director Liu returned to the province by car, with Jungkook sending her off personally. On the way there, Director Liu still seemed very intimidating, but in the end, she still relented and smiled. "Alright, I accept your opinion, and she won't be punished. Nonetheless, you'll have to personally report this to the Provincial Department."

"No problem, I'll do as you say. Once I return to Lin City, I'll go to the Provincial Department to apologize."

"You little... Pass this on to Rosé: I'm just like that, though my tone was a bit heavy today. Tell her not to feel too hung up about it."

Once the province leader left, the others felt the atmosphere become much more relaxed. Kwangsoo suggested that they hosted lunch to treat Jungkook and the others to some local dishes. After a night's rest, they would send them back to Lin City.

The location was set to be at a restaurant located by the river that was very close to the local police station.

Rain continued to fall and when Rosé arrived, only Kwangsoo, Jungkook, Da Hu, and two other criminal police officers were seated beside the windows. The others were not there yet.

After Rosé was criticized that day, those who were close to her comforted her. Meanwhile, the criminal police officers who were not familiar with her expressed their kindness and comforted her with their eyes. Anyhow, all of this was unimportant to her, Jungkook was the only one who mattered. Although she was upset, she would instantly feel better as soon as she thought about his attitude.