CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

Start from the beginning

A knock at the door grabbed my attention, "Come in."

"It's just me," Leland said as he opened the door. His face was bruised, and he had a cut under his right eye. He appeared to be protecting his side.

"Are you okay?" I inquired, referring to his side.

He nodded, "Yeah, I'm alright. It's only a little sore. My body doesn't enjoy using the stairs at this particular moment in time. Kingsley mentioned that your bandage needed changing before we left, so I came to see if I could help."

"Oh. Ok, thank you," I said. "You need to work on your timing though. I just got dressed."

"Don't worry, I'll be quick. I only need you to lift your blouse a little," he chuckled.

Even though something like this would not usually bother me, I felt a stir in my stomach as he gathered the medical items from the drawer in the table by the bed. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and elevated it high enough for him to examine my wound. He approached me and unwound the cotton padding that had been wrapped around my waist. His fingers brushed my skin and the tickles sent shivers down my spine.

The three inch gash in my side was visibly inflamed, but not infected. The stitches were encrusted in dried blood. I was healing quickly, but I knew that the only thing holding my skin together was those sutures. If they came out, all my hard work would be undone.

"Are you excited about the festival?" I asked, no longer wanting to stand in silence.

He nodded, not looking away from the wound, "Yes. Tonight is going to be amazing."

"What's tonight?" I asked, then hissed as he rubbed the disinfectant over my side.

"Sorry," He apologized quickly. "Kavan looks best at night anyway, but on the last day of any festival, all of Kavan's lights are on. It's stunning."

"It sounds like it." I agreed.

"Maybe...I can show you tonight," he said, pausing for a moment before continuing to tend to my side. He placed a clean cotton cloth over the gash, rewrapped the cotton around my middle, and stepped back.

I gazed up into his emerald eyes, which seemed hesitant, and there was only one way to answer him: "Sure. That would be great."

He smiled widely, "Okay great! Well, we should go now. Are you ready?"

"Yes, I am," I said, nodding.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hello, My Mickey Mouse Club House Members!!❤️

Thoughts >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: What gives you chills?

I hate watching people throw up. Doesn't even matter if it's fake, it's so gross.

NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR CHUNKS

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨