CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Start from the beginning

Blakely-Rose was doing completely fine. She may be timid and shy but she's a monster on the battlefield. She held her sharp throwing stars in between her fingers on her left hand. She lifted her hand up into her face and her wicked smirk showed. In a flash, her throwing stars launched from her fingers, embedding themselves in the chests of the oncoming attackers.

Kingsley had dropped down to the floor, swiping her leg underneath four of Juniper's men, causing them to lose their footing and fall. Kingsley was never one to kill unless completely necessary, so she quickly hit them on their pressure points, rendering them useless. She then ran for her Katana inside the vase at the base of the stairs.

August fought off as many as he could with his saber, but when he saw Kingsley raining for her weapon, his lovesick mind focused on her and her safety. He followed behind her, protecting her from any threats coming her way.

Evanders longsword clashed with two oncoming swords. He grunted uncomfortably and forced them back. He swiped his sword against one of the men's legs, causing him to crumble to the floor. Evander went for the other man when the man was hit with a whip. Evander turned around to look at the owner.

Mèabh's bullwhip had returned to her. She twisted the eight inch long wooden handle at the end of her bull whip and removed it. She held the handle up and shot the hidden darts out of the handle and at Evanders and her oncoming enemies. Evander looked at her in sock and she sent Evander a wink.

Willow fought with Juniper. Rage dancing in his eyes. So much rage that Juniper looked scared. With his plumb line, he whipped Juniper's face. Once his weapon bounced back, Junipers face a a long cut along his cheek bone.

Leland was fighting off as many as he could at the base of the stairs but it was clear he needed help. I ran as fast as I could toward him. Once I reached him, I attacked the men behind him. Leland saw me behind him and I saw him relax.

Two men's swords clashed with mine, their swords created an X on top of my sword. I lifted my foot and shoved my heel shoe into one man's stomach and into the other man's crotch. Taking my sword, I hit the back of their heads, dropping them to the floor.

I turned just in time to see a sword coming my way. I held my sword up and blocked it just in time but the sudden weight pushed my sword from my hands sending it clicking against the stairs next to us.

The man threw his sword at me again, pushing me up the stairs. I reached for my thigh pulling a dagger from its sheath. I ducked and spun to his side, swiping the dagger against his wrist. He dropped his sword immediately and cried in pain.

A back was pressed against mine, and I looked back to see a familiar head of white hair and emerald eyes.

"We need to get out of here. There are too many of them." Leland stated, swinging his sword at his opponent.

I looked around the ballroom from our spot in the middle of the stairs, frantically looking for an escape. I looked down at the stair steps and followed the steps all the way up.

"Up the stairs, go!" I threw my dagger from my hand and it embedded itself into Leland's attacker's knee.

I grabbed a hold of Leland's sword free hand and pushed him up the steps. "You need to go!"

Leland whipped around and looked at me with concern, "What? You're not coming?"

I shook my head, "I have something to do first." I had to end this. Leland's protests swirled in the dept of the emerald eyes. "I'll join you. I promise."

He nodded and ran up the stairs. The sound of his shoes was loud against the floor. Many of Juniper's soldiers followed him up the stairs.

Glancing at the ballroom again, my eyes zeroed in on Juniper who was successfully getting away from Willow's fury.

Soldiers surrounded Willow, helping Juniper escape. I couldn't let him escape.

I ran towards a banner that had been torn that now laid on the stairs. Tugging on the ripped banner, I checked it's durability. It could hold me.

I wrapped it around my arm, grabbed a hold on the stairs railing, and jumped.

The banner carried me forward, swinging above everyone. Wind blew past me as I ascend to the ground.

Releasing the fabric, I landed in front of Juniper just as he turned around to run.

His eyes widened in fear as he stumbled back, not expecting my presence.

I cocked a brow, "Where do you think you're going?"

With a swift movement, Juniper dropped to the floor unconscious.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hi everyone ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I am in the process of moving and it's been super stressful. Usually i'm pretty good at post regularly, but i had to take a break because i couldn't pump it out of me.

But i will say i'm done with these double update Fridays, idk about y'all so no more.

Should my next book be about Super villains, Dragons or Aliens?  >

Thoughts >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: What kind of car do you have or want to have?

I have a 1995 Izuzu Trooper. He's red and his name is Brutus ❤️

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨