Back after the snap

Start from the beginning

And break down he does, in a truly heartbreaking manner.

Stiles figures it out first. "You can feel them?" he questions urgently, grappling for the werewolf as Derek suddenly howls desperately and tears new holes in the sofa with his claws. "Derek, it's okay, do you feel them, are they back?"

The boys end up on the floor, Stiles mostly lying on top of Derek. He makes shushing noises and is petting Derek's hair, his face, his shoulders. The werewolf has his arms wrapped around Stiles' back, holding him close, with his face buried in the crook of Stiles' neck. Noah guesses the weight on top of him is comforting. He's just grateful there's no claws threatening to pierce his son's vital organs.

Not long after that, there are four werewolves added to the pile. Just like Stiles, they had no idea they were away, but they can feel their Alpha's desperation. Isaac is the first to arrive, looking bewildered but otherwise okay. Derek whines in the back of his throat and his Beta shoots towards him like an arrow from a bow. Derek releases Stiles to pat down Isaac, make sure he's real and in one piece. When Stiles scoots over to give them some room, Derek's hand clamps down on his wrist, making it clear he can't go anywhere. It goes the same with the other kids. Boyd and Erica arrive together, closely followed by Jackson. Derek doesn't have enough hands and arms to hug and touch his pack; judging by their faces the kids have never seen him like this before. They take it in stride though, because the need to be close is evident even to Noah, who doesn't feel it like the werewolves can. Even the Whittemore kid joins in on the group hug, which is a little surprising to see.

Noah takes it upon himself to get everything in order for the pack. It soothes his need to do his duty as a sheriff now it's at war with the need to stay close to his only son. He convinces Derek to let Jackson go so he can pick up Lydia, which the Alpha allows begrudgingly.

"Here, kid," Noah says, handing Jackson some cash, "pick up some pizzas on your way back. I doubt anyone will be up to delivering right now." They might even have to get frozen pizzas from the supermarket, because Maria Torelli lost her husband and two sons in The Snap, so he guesses making pizzas isn't the first thing on her mind right now.

"I don't need your money," Jackson answers, every bit the cocky kid he was five years ago.

"You've been away for a long time, kid," Noah says gently, pressing the money in his hand. "I don't think your credit cards are still working."

The young werewolf frowns, but he takes the bills and disappears out of the door without another word. A moment later there's the sound of a car speeding away.

With food taken care of, Noah busies himself with making drinks for the pack. He figures a pot of tea and a pot of coffee will do the trick. Derek doesn't drink much soda anyway, so there's not a lot of that around. That will soon be different now the pack is complete again; Noah has a feeling the pantry will be stocked with soda and junk food again in no time.

While coffee runs through, Stiles joins him in the kitchen and quietly moves underneath Noah's welcoming arm. "Good to have you back, son."

They work together in near silence, with Stiles happily muttering under his breath when he finds the cups in the same cabinet they were in five years ago. His son came back into a world that changed a lot in the time he was away, he can be happy about something small such as finding the coffee cups in the right place.

Lydia and Jackson arrive with frozen pizzas, which is fine, because Noah already preset the oven to heat up.

When he informs if Lydia's parents were willing to let her go so soon again, she shrugs. "They were both gone too. I guess it feels like we just saw each other yesterday. I left them arguing with the help. Apparently she and her kids moved into the house when we were gone."