"I saw it on one of mommys shows that she watches. Benny hit me!" 

"No April, he hit on you. He complimented you. Said something nice." I laughed along with Principal Baker and Mrs.Fran. 

"Oh, yeah that!" Her and Benny started giggling and all I felt was relief I knew he wouldn't hit a girl. 

"I'm so sorry for bothering you with this, Mrs.Horan. I guess it was just a bit of miscommunication. There's only about 30 minutes of school left so feel free to wait around if you'd like. Kids go with Mrs.Fran back to class."

"Bye mommy! See you later." Benny came over and gave me a hug before following Mrs.Fran.

I went back home since today was my day off from car pool and finished up the snacks. I ironed out Nats dress shirt for tonight just in time before they got home. 

Just as the boys walked in the door the house phone rang and I rushed to answer it. "Hey Kayls, I just landed are things okay there?" Niall asked as I could hear the chatter in the airport.

"Yeah, I'm fine the kids are good my dad should be here soon. There was a little incident with Benny but it was just miscommunication so no big deal." I sighed sifting through the fridge looking for snacks.

"Good, good. Okay they're rushing us pretty hard so I've got to go. I'll call when I can, love you lots."

"Love you too." I hung up the phone with my shoulder and it fell to the floor cracking.

"Oh no mommy!" Benny gasped looking at the phone.

"No it's okay, here have your fruit bowls mommy will clean this all up and grandpa will be here soon to take you guys out." I smiled getting the cracked pieces. I threw it all out and sat down at the table listening to my boys day at school and all the fun things they have going on. 

"Yeah and I'm jack in our school play! Jack and bean stalk and you and daddy and grandpa all have to come watch me. Even grandma and uncle simon even though they're always busy. Oh and Uncle Harry and Aunt Riley and Uncle Louis and Uncle Li-" Benny rambled on and on before Nat finally reached his patient point and shut him up which resulted in the pouty lip and watery eyes.

"We'll all be there Benny baby, don't worry. I promise." I smiled taking their bowls. "Now go upstairs and change grandpa will be here soon." They rushed off the table and up the stairs a few thumps from the inevitable Benny slips.

I was rinsing the dishes when the phone rang again. I rushed to the living room to get the uncracked one and answered it.

"Ms.Mckinley." 

"Not anymore, this is Mrs.Horan, who is this?" 

"Hello this is Georgina from Sacred Heart hospital, we have your father here."

"Uhm,okay why?" I sat down on the sofa and leaned my head in my hands.

"Well you see he was at a light and as it turned green he went through it but there was a car that ran a red light. He slammed into your fathers car and crippled your father into the car." Her voice was soft and smooth like how I imagine flowers would talk, if they could.

"Is he okay?"

"He's in the OR right now, they're doing everything they can. I would get down here quickly." Her voice was a little more urgent than it was before.

"Okay, thank you. I'll leave now." I hung up the phone and sat back clearing my throat. I barely know him but he's my real actual biological father. Without him I wouldn't be here today.

"Already mama." Benny and Nat came bouncing down the stairs in their comfy clothes.

"Boys, I'm going to bring you over to Perrie okay, you're going to stay with her a little bit while mommy goes and does something." I stood up and grabbed both their hands kneeling in front of them.

"Why can't we just stay with grandpa?" Nat asked looking a little worried.

"He's gotten into a little accident, very small, don't worry. But mommy needs to go check on him so let's go." I kissed the top of his head and grabbed the keys, shuttling them out the door. 

When I got to Perrie's I was thankful she was there because I didn't know what to do if she wasn't. Riley is way to pregnant to take care of these boys on her own. 

On my way to the hospital I contemplated calling Niall but I knew if I did he would freak, and he can't come home so I don't want to worry him. 

But when I got there I needed him, like really badly needed him but I turned off my phone and made my way up to the surgical floor. "Hi, I'ms Kaylee Horan my father is in the OR right now is he okay?"

"Hello Mrs.Horan, I'm Georgina. Your fathers status has not changed, he's still critical I can have a doctor come out and explain it to you if you'd like." I nodded and she told me to have a seat int he little sitting area. 

My leg shook up and down as I looked around. So many different kinds of people in a hospital. One of the most interesting place in the wo-

"Mrs.Horan, I'm Dr.Kean, I just stepped out of surgery to explain your fathers... unfortunate situation. My fellow surgeons are working extremely hard. When your father was hit, it caused the door to cave in and it impaled his side, barely missing some of his vital organs. He's experiencing major head traumas as well as heart problems do to stress on the body. It's a miracle he's still alive."

"Thank you." I sat back down in the chair and bit on my finger.

"The person who hit your father is in stable condition, only suffering whiplash and a few fractures. Not sure if you wanted to know or not." The doctor gave me a kirt smile before turning and walking away. 

I leaned forward and put my elbows on my knees, my head falling into my palms.

I could lose another Father.

Riley's P.O.V.

"This baby better be a fucking angel sent from God." I groaned trying to get up off the couch. My feet were swollen, well I think they are. This huge baby stomach is blocking my view. My back hurts constantly, my organs are being squished and I'm constantly nauseous. 

On top of all that my babys daddy is hours away when he should be taking care of me. His 8 month pregnant wife. 

I gave one more push up off the couch and stood up straight giving myself a proud smile. Then I heard a splash.

"I'm not supposed to make that sound." I looked down and the floor was covered in...

"My water just broke." I looked around frantically not sure what to do. The cat looked up and stopped licking her paw. "Do something!" She rolled her eyes and looked back down, licking her paw.

I waddled over and grabbed the phone dialing Kaylee's number, straight to voicemail.

And again.

And again.

And again.

"Oh no." I sighed feeling my insides churn. I had watched enough baby movies and read enough books to know that if I didn't get to the hospital soon things would not end well for me or my baby.

I reached over and grabbed the car keys, every pore on my skin sweating with nerves and adrenaline and pure agony. I looked at the cat on more time before shutting the door. I'm going to drive while in labor. 

Once I was in the car and driving I realized that ambulances exist for a reason, but it was too late now. Harry was too far away, Kaylee wasn't answering, this is all me. I'm driving while in labor.

comment and vote! The next chapter is the FINAL CHAPTER! It will be posted by June 1st. I've been extremely busy, with picking a college and I have my graduation coming up soon and I'm so sorry for the wait. But the final chapter will be posted between now and June 1st so keep a look out.