The Ride Home

I got on the Hogwarts Express and all the compartments were full. I was gonna sit next to Rowan, Tulip, Tonks, and Ben, but they couldn't be found. I gave up and saw a compartment with one person inside of it, Merula. It was like my whole life revolved around her.
"Hey." She said but didn't look at me.
"Hi," I hesitated to sit down. "Is anyone sitting here..? Because I can leave if you need me to make room."
"No." She seemed like she didn't want to talk.
"Well, you don't have to sit alone anymore!" I got up from sitting across from her and instead sat next to her.
"Yeah, that's nice." She said. I could tell she was lost in gloomy thoughts. She didn't want to see her aunt.
"I guess you don't wanna go back to your aunt, huh?" I asked nicely.
"Nope. I wanna stay at Hogwarts... with you." She said and blushed a little.
"With... Me?" I asked. "Are you saying you sort of... Like me?"
"Well, yeah. Sorta."
I was taken aback by what she just said. But I still liked it. "I wanna stay with you, too. I like you... a lot." I put my hand behind my head.
"For the first time in foreverrrr...!" Merula laughed. I laughed too. We spent the rest of the train ride together. Knowing Merula had a soft side was nice. I honestly really liked her. Now I knew why I liked her: I knew that something was bothering her and making her make the way she was. Maybe if she got to talk about it she would become a better person. She was already great during the time I sat with her.
I was sad because the train ride was coming to an end. In less than ten minutes we would be leaving Hogwarts Express and arrive at Platform 9 and 3/4. Me and Merula had already changed into our muggle clothing. I got my luggages and trunks and was ready to leave the train once it stopped. But before I left, I needed to do something special.
"Well, Merula," I had finally gotten on first name terms with her, or at least I hope. "I guess I'll see you in a few months from now."
"I'll see you too, (your name)," She smiled. "I can't wait to have a rematch and win the duel, again."
I stood up and pointed at her. "Hmph, as if! I'll be sure to win the next duel!"
Merula pulled my head down and my face get close to hers.
"I'll be sure to win this kiss." She said softly.
She pulled my lips next to hers. We had kissed. That was the best way to end off my year at Hogwarts.
"If you're lucky enough, this experience will happen again." She smiled at me a strode off, out of the compartment. The train had stopped and everyone was leaving. I looked out of the window of the compartment. Ben was right there. He had been watching us. I knew when Merula found out, Ben wouldn't have been in a good situation. He saw me look at him and he ran away. I didn't chase after him because I didn't care, and I stayed in the little compartment, thinking about when I'd finally have that experience again.