Detention

"Follow me, you two," Flitwick moved a few steps over, and waited for me and Merula to come. We were both stuck at the fact that we had gotten ourselves a detention. "I said follow me."
Me and Merula slowly followed Flitwick. He led us to the charms classroom.
"I want you two to write me a three paragraphs on why it ISN'T okay to duel," Flitwick started. "You've got two hours."
"So... like muggle detention?" Merula asked in her usual sassy tone that I loved for some odd reason.
"Ms. Snyde, would you rather face professor Snape's wrath?" Asked Flitwick. He pointed to the door, "You could tell him what you've done and he'll deal with you."
Merula and I stayed silent. I started my three paragraphs. It was so hard to focus. For some reason I HAD to just keep glancing at Merula.
"She isn't even pretty," I told myself. "She's your enemy."
I finished my three paragraphs and showed it to Flitwick.
"You are free to go, Ms. (last name)," said Flitwick as he scanned my paragraphs. "I hope to not catch you dueling again. The consequences will be severe next time."
"Thank you, Professor." I said and ran out. I stayed by the door and waited for Merula to come out.
"As for you, Ms. Snyde," I heard Flitwick say to Merula. "You are free to go, too. I'm sure you didn't start the duel, did you?"
"No, professor," Merula lied. "She told me she would duel me. I simply declined, but I ended up stuck in the middle of the scene with her."
I heard Flitwick's footsteps. I was pretty sure he went to start writing things on the board with magic for his next class.
"Very well, you are free to go." He said.
I heard Merula's footsteps. I ran down to the dormitory to get away from Merula and have a moment to myself.