1

It was a rainy night. Haseena was at her home, enjoying her me time sitting in the balcony. She had kept her phone on silent mode. She was having coffee and reading a book. Cold breeze was hitting her face, giving her a pleasant sensation. She was very much engrossed in reading. After a while, it started raining heavily, so she decided go inside. She glanced at her phone and was shocked.

"15 missed calls?" She asked herself and called the person. "Boliye KS kya hua? Kya aafat aan padi ke itni baar call kar rahi hai hume, woh bhi off duty..?" HM asked

"Bhabhi,chachiji hyper hogayi hai, Kyuki Bhaiya abhi tak ghar nhi pohoche hai...aap Bhaiya ko phone dijiye toh jara, aapke saath hai na woh?" KS asked

"Nhi Anu humare saath nhi hai..aur Maa thik hai na? Unnki dawaai unke room ke side table par hai..unhe dedijiye,aaram milega, aur unhe yeh mat batana ke Anu humare saath bhi nhi hai.. abhi recovery shuru hui hai unnki, unhe jyaada stress dena thik nhi. Hum Anu ko dhundhte hai..unnke saath hi rahiyega aap please, aur Karishma aap bhi tension mat lijiye jyada" HM said assuring her.

"Thik hai Bhabhi, hum rakhte hai phir. Bhaiya mile toh call kijiyega..."

"Ji" with this,the call ended. Haseena was wondering where Anu could have gone...she tried calling his personal phone, but it was of no use, it was switched off. She called his desk phone, the constable said that Anu had left nearly an hour ago. It was raining heavier than before. The pleasurable shower had turned into a scarry, thunderous storm. The streets were getting flooded. Haseena quickly turned on the TV. The reports were horrifying her even more. Some tears escaped her eyes.

"Nhi, hum yeh aise rote hue nhi baith sakte, hume Anu ko dhundhna hoga, hum aise haath par haath dhare baith nhi sakte" Haseena said in confidence and was about to leave the house, but her door bell rang, not once, multiple times. She opened the door and gasped. After a while, she realised what she was witnessing. She sighed in relief.

Anu was standing on the door, completely drenched in water, mud all over his hand and face. Rain water dripping from his uniform. She was hella confused...

"Hume andar toh lijiye" Anu said with a shivering voice. "Bht thand lag rahi hai"

"Haa... A.. aaiye na..." HM said, still trying to link everything. "Aap garam paani se naha lijiye, hum aapke fresh kapde nikal dete hai"

"Thik hai, aur humareliye kuch khane keliye bana dijiye ya ghar par jo hai woh dijiye, subha se kuch nhi khaya hai...jor ki bhook lagi hai" Anu said going inside the washroom.

Haseena takes out fresh and clean clothes for Anu. She was continuously blabbering something under her breath. " Accha hua humne innke dry cleaning ke kapde pick karliye... Par innki yeh halat hui kaise...khudse toh batayenge nhi...hum sabse pehele kuch bana lete hai unnke liye, bechare subhase bhooke hai..." Saying this, Haseena stormed into the kitchen. She called Karishma and told her Anu was safe and was with her.

Anu came out of the washroom and threw himself on the bed. His entire body was aching because of staying in the water for too long (it's verified and experienced 😂😝) he was extremely drained and exhausted. HM came inside with the food. She saw him laying on the bed. She kept the food on the side table and sat besides him.

"Bht thak gaye na aap?" She asked sweetly and caressed his head. " Uthiye, chaliye khana khaiye" she said.

"Aap khilayengi?" Anu asked innocently. "Haa khilayenge na, jaroor khilayenge"HM said. "Toh khilaiye" Anu said settling his head in Haseena's lap." Baithiye pehele, phir hum khilate hai" Haseena said. Anu followed her obediently. Haseena starts feeding him, and Anu ate every single bite with satisfaction reflecting on his face. Haseena was just looking at him, adoring him, ruffled his hair once a while. "Anu yeh last bite hai, aapko aur chahiye?" Haseena asked feeding him. "Nhi, humara pet bhar gaya" Anu denied. He once again kept his head on Haseena's lap. "Hum aapko ek baat puche?" Haseena. " Haa kyu nhi jaan..." Anu replied pulling her other hand closer to his heart.

"Aap kaha phass gaye the? Matlab aapko itne der kyu lag gayi? Aapko maja aata hai na humari jaan gale tak laane main? Pata hai kitna darr gaye the hum? Maa ka bhi khayal nhi aaya? Ek baar call karke batane ka kasht nhi utha sakte the ke late hoga...?" HM said in a single breath and in an angry tone.

"Saare sawaal hogaye puchkar?" Anu said, HM nodded. " Hum vakt par hi nikle the, par IG sir ne rok diya, bht important meeting thi. Hum nikle tab baarish ka jor badh gaya tha. Har jagah paani bhara pada tha, car se aana impossible tha, so I asked the driver to take the car to his house and I proceeded walking. Hum aarahe the toh Dekha ek aadmi ki car phasi hui thi keechad main , toh humne usse madad ki... Aur bht late hogaya tha toh humne socha ke Maa sorahi hongi, issliye yaha aagaye" Anu said.

"Anu aapne uss aadmi ki help ki, khud itne thake hue hokar bhi... I'm so so so proud of you"HM said and gave a soft kiss on his cheek. "Vaise Karishma ka call aaya tha..." Before she could complete, HM's phone rang "All the best Anu" she said looking at the screen. 

"Kyu?" Anu asked, puzzled. "Kyuki ab hum aapki class lene wale hai..."a voice came from the phone. "Behena..." Anu said...

"Haa hum..." KS roared "Nhi aapko ka lagta hai, DSP hai toh kuch bhi kar skte hai? Bhooliye mat, aapki ek behen hai, aapki ek Maa bhi hai... Late horaha hai toh phone nhi kar sakte the? Abhi bhi aapka phone switch off aaraha hai, kahe? Pata hai kitna tension aagaya tha hume...aapko na hum kal dekhenge... Yeh toh bass shurvaat hai, humara bhukaal toh kal dekhne ko milega...hum rakhte hai, Bhaiya... Miliye hume kal..." saying this, KS cut the call. Anu was still terrified. HM was confused how to react...

"Haseena, humari toh shamat aa gayi...behena aur Maa milke hume aisi daant lagane wali hai na ke puchiye mat..." Anu said. Haseena laughed "Seher ke DSP, Anubhav Singh, apni behen se darte hai" she said controlling her laughter. "Haa darte hai... Bht jyada.. kyuki woh KS hai... bhukaal dekhne keliye bht jyada vyakul rehti hai... Rehne dijiye, kal ka kal dekhlenge... Chaliye, so jate hai..."

"Hum pehle yeh sab clear karte hai, phir hum sote hai, aap sojaiye..." Haseena said and went inside the kitchen.

When she came back, Anu was laying on the bed, just changing sides. His feet were paining a bit. He was trying to sooth the pain, trying to distract himself, but all in vain. Haseena understood his situation. She went and sat besides him and started massaging his legs. "Aap kuch bole usse pehele hi hum bata rahe hai, aaphi ne kaha tha ek baar, iss rishtey main hum equal hai...aur Anu hume pata hai aapke pair dard horahe hai.." Haseena said. "Jaan, aap hume kitni bhali bhaati jaanti hai...aap nhi hoti toh hum kya karte..." Anu said with his eyes closed. "Anu, hum hai aur humesha rahenge... Ab aap so jaiye, jyadahi thake hue lag rahe hai..." Haseena said smiling. "Jaan sar bhi...." Anu muttered in sleep.

Haseena went and started massaging his head. Her soft touch made Anu forget how exhausted he was. It was like he was gaining his energy back. Haseena was still massaging his head when he woke up for a while. "Jaan, aap bhi sojaiye humare pass, kitni der jagengi..."

"Hmmm... Hum bhi sojate hai....(yawning)" Haseena said and layed herself near Anu. Anu pulled her closer and wrapped her in his arms. He kissed her forehead and cheeks.

"Good night" he said in his husky voice. Haseena just dug her face in his arms and wished him good night. Both of them slept wrapped in eachother's arms, feeling and appreciating eachother's company.

**************************************************************************************

If you have made this far, I hope you have loved this short story. Next part will be posted soon. This will also be made available to read on Instagram, so make sure you follow madamsir_fiction

Also, hit that little star button and drop a comment ❤️❤️❤️❤️