Chapter 20 i want to be

"Yeah i remember that, the time when Inomata-Nee said that she din't like my brother, i remember being upset ofcourse" i and Kirin were recalling some of our childhood memories again.

"Yeah you look upset too" she giggled after, "well, i just wanted my brother to be liked by everyone i guess" i said scratching the back of my neck

"Well when you love someone you'd do anything for them would you not?" She said having a big smile on her face.

A smile that made my heart go wild, "yeah..i would" so this is the girl i've fallen in love with? My best friend Kirin.

People call me smart? Took me long enough to realize my own feelings. I internally sighed to myself and i guess i was lost in my own thoughts because the next thing i knew Kirin was calling me.

"Kotarou!!"
"Huh?"
"Come on our race is about to start!" She excitedly exclaimed and stood up.

Kirin took my wrist and we ran of to the court, she's so cute when she's excited. I started at her back, her long green hair flowing with the wind that follows. A sight to behold.

Now we're at the court, on our class line and the referee ties our legs together, i look to our legs and then look at her, who's smiling with stars in her eyes.

I felt my hand move on its own and wrapped itself around Kirin's waist, i felt my face heat up and i caught a glance of her red cheeks but nonetheless she did the same and i felt my face go even redder.

I heard Taka scream in the background but i couldn't look at anyone right now, my face could be a laughing stock if i were to look anywhere else than the ground.

I heard the referee's whistle telling us to prepare ourself i felt myself calm down a little and managed to mutter out a small "goodluck" to Kirin and faced her to see that she was also blushing a bit.

The whistle blew and i heard a gunshot that told us all to start running, good thing we already had plenty of practice because we managed to get a big start from the other classes.

We both repeated "1..2.." To keep our balance and our pace steady, but we almost fell down thanks to kirin but i caught her just in time and we regain balance and continued enlarge the distance securing our first place.

And soon enough we crossed the finish line together, taking home the gold, it was intense because at the end the other classes manage to close the distance and almost finished before us.

"W-we did it Kotarou!" She said looking at me with a big smile panting a little from slight breathlessness. I couldn't help but just laugh a little "yeah we did".

the next thing i knew Kirin jumped and gave me a big hug, making the crowd that was already wild going even wilder, but i din't care i just hugged her back wrapping my arms around her waist as she did around my neck.