Chapter 16 practice

It was another day of juggling school things, practicing for the three legged race and having lunch alone with Kirin

I breath my sigh of releif from the loud thumping of my heart, it was beating so fast i felt like i could pass out.

I've come to terms with these suffocating but somewhat positive feelings?.

After the short walk with Kirin to the class i saw Taka and the twins already in their seats.

I set Kirin's small pink lunchbox on her side of the table, she had to do her "business" as she put it and asked me to put her lunchbox down.

Suddenly the three looked at me and their variety of expressions turned to one in unison, a devilish grin could be seen.

I was genuinely confused to what they were thinking and tilted my head at them.

"How did your date go~?" Takuma Asks of me. I felt my ears burn a little, i tried my best to keep my expression stoic and calm.

"It wasn't a date" i answered then took my seat hoping that they wouldn't notice that my ears are tinted a bit red.

"Oh come on! Its obvious" Taka shouted at first "that you like Kirin" he got close to my ear and whispered lightly only to let me and the twins hear.

"No i don't, we're just friends" i said pushing his face back making him take his seat again.

"Oof!" Taka said after so chuckling and looking at the twins with a face that said 'that's a lie' to which the three laughed to.

I can only sigh and lay my head down ignoring their laughs, Kirin arrived and sat down beside me.

She leaned her head down to my level using her small hands as a stand for her chin.

"Hey, what are they laughing about?" She asked in a whisper.
"It's nothing important i said, you could ask them if you want"
"Well if you say it isn't important, I'd think so too" she said happily and got her textbooks.

The green haired teen was generally confused with her, why would she listen to him without question?

He din't know why his ears are burning and his cheeks as well and what he din't know is that she had overheard the four teenage boy's one minute ago conversation and she couldn't help but feel a sting in her heart.

The teenager girl quickly brushed it of denying that she might have caught feelings for the cold, stoic and famous soccer player that is also her bestfriend from which she was still a toddler.

And what else that the two Green Haired teenagers din't know is that, their three childhood friends already know what is going on in their hearts and set all of this up hoping that they would realize and finnaly become a thing already.

This isn't the last time the two are going to have lunch together.. Just the two of them.

Kota's Pov

It was PE and as promised by our homeroom Kawayuki-sensei gave us a seal for our legs and urged us to practice for the three legged race.

We all made our way to the field and the representatives for the races are practicing while those who aren't will carry on with PE lessons.

It was just Kirin and i with some other kids from class 2 and 3, since this is a combined class lesson.

I tied the seal to our legs making our skin come in contact with eachother.
I got up and it also made our shoulders brush againts on another.

Well atleast some of her shoulder was brushing againts mine, since she's shorter than me.

"Alright, like Usuall on 3?" I said while brushing my hands againts each other to clean them up. "On 3!" she said pumped up.

We started by moving our legs that were tied up first then moving our free legs, "1..2" was on repeat as we started slowly increasing our speed.

"We got the hang of it" i said to her, i had to use small steps so that she could keep up with me but i din't mind.

"Yeah.. We'll take home the gold so i'll get my free lunch" she said teasingly.

"Either way it ends with me paying" i mumbled under my breath making her laugh a little.

"Oh come on its not that bad.. W-woah!" She started tumbling down and turning around as to not let her faceplant the ground.

By reflex i used my free leg to position myself so that i could easily grab the back of her waist with my two hands. And that's what i did, i caught her barely before she touched the ground.

 And that's what i did, i caught her barely before she touched the ground

Well kinda close but their faces are way closer to each others.

Kirin's Pov

Oh sh** i feel so stupid right now, Kotarou's long and firm arms catching me before i fall. That alone was embarrassing not to mention that i got us into this position.

But i found myself staring at Kotarou, staring into his deep eyes as his stoice expression broke slightly into worry.

"Be carefull next time, i don't want you getting hurt", those words made my heart race thumping hard. It sounded so sincere and kind.

"T-thanks, sorry i got a little too carried away" i said blushing hard because of the position we're in.

He lifts me up so that im on my feet once again, and remove his hands from my waist.

I look to my side and saw the kids from the other classes jaws dropped, whispering and cooing us.

That was a breaking point i covered my face well more like covering my crimson blushing.

K

otarou for some what the hell reason wasn't fazed much by what had just happened.

"Are you okay? We can stop now and practice again later" he said removing my wrist from my face.

A smile broke loose from his face. As he took my wrist again.
"Come on lets just say that we're done and just Talk somewhere.."

For some reason, when he's taking my wrist i din't feel like i should stop him.
I really liked his company, just the two of us.. Talking and spending time together, walking home together.

I miss that.