Chapter 18

I stopped dead in my tracks and saw what you can imagine to be the most adorable kitten in the world. The problem is, I can’t have just one cat or kitten; I needed to take 2 of them because I feel like one might be lonely on its own. So if I wanted a pet, it would always be 2 of them and lucky for me, I found the 2 kittens and asked what their names were. One of them was a Havana Brown cat whose name was Milo (Male) and the other one was a Himalayan cat whose name was Everest (Female).

As soon as I saw them, I knew right there and then that I wanted them. Of course, I couldn’t make such a rash decision in such a short amount of time, but it had been my dream to get cats. Just thinking about them meowing, my phone filled with their photos and videos, and waking up in the morning, I wouldn’t be by myself. Then there are the cons of having cats. In the long run, it might get expensive and I will have to take them to the vet. It’s like I would become a mom but for cats. And speaking of mom she would step in the house and scream, surely. But I would be able to find a solution.

Thinking to myself, I said “Lucy, do what your heart says but also think logically. This isn’t a joke so be serious about this-”

Lucy: “Excuse me I would like to get these 2 cats please~!”

Staff: “Excellent choice madam.”

As I held the 2 little kittens and heard them meow for the first time. I fell in love and knew I wasn’t leaving the store without them. They were soft and so tiny. If I could, I might have died out of cuteness.

After that, he (the staff) showed me the food they would need, the beds, and some toys since, why not? When I exited the store, I was thinking to myself, “What did I just do?” I have 2 kittens with me and adopted it rashly, but I didn’t regret it now that these 2 had finally found their homes. And I wouldn’t be on my own anymore.

As I was taking the kittens home, I had to go in a taxi since there was a lot of stuff with me, so I couldn’t go on my own.

When I reached home, I opened their cage doors to let them explore their new home. As they stepped out, their little paws starting to explore the new place. And in the meantime, I went to call my friends to come see the little ones.

Luckily, all of them were able to come. But I didn’t tell them for what I had called them over for, other than to eat some broasted chicken. I just hoped none of them were afraid of cats or hated them.

I heard the doorbell ring and went on to answer it. It was the girls and I was happy to meet them.

Flora: “Hey girl how you doing?”

Lucy: “I’m doing great thank you. How about you guys?”

Raven: “We are all doing fine. So, what’s been happening-”

Kittens: “Meow...”

Luna: “Huh?! What was that?!”

Lucy: “Oh that’s just-”

Then the 2 little kittens made their entrance and everyone screamed “Oh my god sooooo cuteeeee”

Scarlet: “OH my you didn’t tell us you had kittens?!”

Lucy: “Well….I made new friends today so yea”

Everyone was playing with the kittens and having a good time. I also ordered the chicken I was smiling. The amount of joy and happiness around me. I forgot all of my worries in the time that we spent together.

After they left, I played a bit with the kittens. Then decided to hit the hay. It had been a long day and also had to think of a way to tell mom.

It had been a few days with the kittens and so far mom hadn’t noticed in the video or voice calls. And I was also studying about how to take better care of the cats. I did do my research the years before, but I had to see if there was anything in those specific breeds.

I wasn’t leaving them alone for too long because after all, they were kittens and I couldn’t just leave them alone like that. But I had to visit mom that day because I got her, dad and brother some presents. Not really that it was a special occasion, I just felt like getting something for them.

I did tell mom that I was coming and asked if Luna could watch over the kittens because I wasn’t comfortable leaving them alone. But other than that, something just didn’t feel right. Like my heart didn’t feel at ease and I couldn’t point my finger on what it was about.

I heard the doorbell ring and saw it was Luna. I told her everything she needed to do.

Lucy: “Call me if anything happens okay? And Mi casa is Su casa. Also thank you so much for helping me out. I really appreciate it a lot.”

Luna: “Of course girl, no problem. You go and meet your parents, have a good time okay?”

Lucy: “Will do. Bye-bye, and bye-bye to you as well, Everest and Milo. Mommy will be back soon.”

Luna: “Bye-bye.”

So I hopped in the car and headed on to my parents’ house. That uneasy feeling that I was mentioning before, was still there, and again, I wasn’t sure why.

I rang the doorbell and no one had answered the door. I rang again, and still no answer. So I called mom and then she picked up the phone.

Lucy: “Mom I’m outside. I’m ringing the doorbell. Where are you?”

Mom: “Oh sorry dear I’m coming.”

I could hear some odd background noises and could tell something was up, because her voice seemed off.

Mom: “Sorry Lucy I was inside-”

And then we heard something from inside.

Lucy: “Mom what’s going on?!”

I headed on inside only to hear vomiting sounds from the bathroom.