Chapter 65 - The silence after

Začít od začátku

"Faster would be better!" Nezu yelled down the hall as Mirio began jogging slightly carefully.

Nezu quickly went back to his P.A system.

"Would..." Nezu thought for a moment. He needed at least two heroes that could fly along with an electrical producer, and people to help move equipment, "Nejire Hado, Tamaki Amajiki, Momo Yaoyorozu, Tenya Iida, Eijiro Kirishima, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Mezo Shoji, Rikido Sato, Jurota Shishida and Denki Kaminari please report to my office A.S.A.P. That's Nejire Hado, Tamaki Amajiki, Momo Yaoyorozu, Tenya Iida, Eijiro Kirishima, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Mezo Shoji, Rikido Sato, Jurota Shishida and Denki Kaminari to my office please, thank you."

Within thirty seconds, Nejire was flying through his door, Tamaki not fair behind. "Principal Nezu, what can we help with?!" Nejire cried, tears still evident on her face. She wasn't displaying any of her usual bubbliness, which Nezu could understand, and Tamaki's usual shy atmosphere was replaced with a weightier depressive atmosphere.

He handed them the plan he had created for them and within moments they were out the door, determination and hope shining in their eyes. 'They'll stop at the canteen to get Tamaki some eel, and something with flight capability. Then, they'll fly to the scene and hopefully by then the government would've declared it was clear for paramedics to make their way there before taking Izuku back to the school as fast as possible where we can facilitate his healing better with our knowledge on his quirk than a hospital may, and with Recovery Girl here...'

Moments after the third year students left, Kaminari came into the room.

"Principal Nezu sir?" He asked, and Nezu was quick to respond.

"Go to Power Loader's workshop. Follow his instructions exactly."

"Yes sir!" Kaminari responded immediately, still slightly shocked.

The remaining students entered not long after, some sobbing and tears still streaming down their face whilst the rest had either tear tracks down their cheeks or were simply frozen.

"You guys will have a very important job. I need you to go down to Recovery Girl's office and do whatever she asks, you will mostly be moving equipment. Iida you may be running things from nearby clinics and hospitals, whilst Yaoyorozu you will be making things on demand for both her and Power Loader. Go!"

The reasoning to every student was unspoken. We need to save Izuku.

Nejire and Tamaki were deathly silent on their flight across. Nejire was still doing her best to supress her sobs whilst Tamaki was just shocked. Tamaki was going as fast he could whilst Nejire was resisting the urge to completely outpace the shy hero in training.

Luckily for her, he broke the silence.

"Go ahead Nejire, I'll be there soon. Izuku... inspired me to do something to speed up, it'll just take a moment."

Even if the two students were still in casual outfit, neither of them cared about that right now.

Tamaki's shirt was torn at the back, whilst Nejire's pants were turned into shorts with the sheer amount of energy she was using to fly.

When Tamaki said that, Nejire wasted no time in speeding up, breaking the sound barrier as she fly faster through the sky, doing her best to get there as fast as possible. 

Unfortunately, it was not a short journey. A little over one-hundred kilometres.

Close to fifteen minutes later and Nejire had landed. She could see some minor heroes doing crowd control as she touched down however she ignored it all as she focused on the buildings. Some paramedics had finally made their way through the crowd towards the scene of the final fight as they were jostled by reporters and civilians alike, some with phones out. She felt her heart tear and shatter as she realised this meant that whilst the paramedics were dispatched as soon as possible, they weren't able to get through the crowds.