Chapter 65 - The silence after

U.A was silent. Apparently after the green dome dispersed, it disrupted many different radio and television signals. And so the aftermath was unknown. 

Sometime during the fight Nejire told Eri to go to her mama's room and play there because the teenagers wanted to watch some 'grown-up' shows. Eri mumbled something about wanting to watch papa fight before going upstairs. Nejire was unspeakably thankful she did so.

She was out of tears to cry, her voice was hoarse and so she became still. She was frozen.

One of the teachers came bursting in, Nejire thought it was Midnight but wasn't too sure. Midnight rushed up to the girl and gently hugged her as a parent would a child. She spoke reassurances to the shell-shocked girl, but was unable to elicit a response. She wasn't expecting one, Midnight had seen what happened too. 

Class 1-A was in sheer shock after the screen cut to static. No-one said a word. There wasn't much that could be said.

Bakugo had tears streaming down his face as Yaoyorozu did her best to comfort him, as the boy remained still, tensed in his seat on the couch. Todoroki, Iida and Yoarashi were simply shell shocked. The rest of the class weren't much better, some in tears and others frozen in place.

The silence of 1-A would remain as such, even when Aizawa-sensei came in to console and comfort the class with Hound Dog. Hound Dog was going to have a very long day ahead of him.

The teachers were a mess. Most were pulling all the strings they could in order to get some kind of information, but so far were coming up short. Others were arranging for whatever they could. But it didn't seem like there was much for them to do.

Nezu was still, however. He had grown a great bond with Izuku, and he knew exactly what Izuku had done. Izuku knew that the alternative at that point may have been far worse. After all, the city's complete destruction switch was for the entire city, and by proxy all the evacuees. His was more controlled, and worked much better.

To the government and higher-ups, Izuku was nothing more than a statistic.

To the people, he was to be immortalized as a hero in life or death.

To the students, a beacon of which to aim for.

To his friends, a friend to keep forever.

To his family, love and purity.

To Eri, hope and protection.

And to Nejire, the embodiment of love.

And everyone hoped that he would come back to continue fulfilling those roles.

However, in a matter of moments Nezu had started moving again, and incredibly quickly. In a matter of moments he had created a plan with little more than what appeared to be his paws moving rapidly across the paper with a pen in hand. 

With a few more swipes he had produced several different plans and had handed them to some of the still remaining teachers. One to Cementoss, one to Recovery Girl, and one to Power Loader. All of them looked at their plans, various instructions for what they needed to do.

Each were quick to get to work whilst Nezu rushed to his office to get what he needed. He scooped it up before Mirio suddenly rushed into his office. Before he could get a word in edge-wise, Nezu started talking.

"Perfect, Mirio, take this and go to Power Loader's workshop."

"R-right!" Mirio was a little taken aback by the principal's demeanour but did not question it as he scooped the machine into his arms and started going.