vi.

"she met a stranger
but little did she knew
she put herself in danger
of being heartbroken
again."

︎♡︎

"i'm so sorry about what had happened before," i walked straight to her when i saw her short black hair between the shelves. "i don't usually talk to strangers but i overreacted and i'll feel better if you take my apology.

she didn't hear me for sure because her hands were still travelling through books. and soon i found out why. earphones were placed in her ears.

listening to songs while choosing books to read - how unusual though.

i smiled to myself and tapped on her shoulder.

"yes?" she immediately turned around and took off one of her earphones. i patiently explained what i was there for. in the end she just nodded and left me behind her as she headed to the counter. at least she had accepted my apology. i thought she will leave but i was wrong. she had probably found out how amazing reading in the library was.

"can i reserve the book you read?" she stopped on the way to her table.

"'the notebook'? o- of course but how do you know i have it?"

"i saw the title when you were packing yesterday," she said simply.

we were sitting separately, minding our own business, not knowing we had so much in common. we both loved books more than anything and we both didn't have anyone to spend our afternoons with.