v.

"all the spaces
that separated them
were all against the world,
waiting for the time
they'd realise how much they'd found."

♡︎

that girl with short black hair picked a table. she opened her book right away which truly amazed me. i had never seen someone more passionate about reading as she was. it took me aback but then i just minded my own business five seats away from her.

i glanced at her once more. i didn't see her eyes because they were covered by her hair, how her head was tilted on the side. one of her hands was placed on the book, laying beside her bag.

i started reading on but i couldn't stop thinking about how i was already late for doing all my home works that i wanted to do before going to bed and also about poetry, reading and writing. so i just stared out of the window, listening to the soft sound of rain drops meeting the roof.

and when my eyes wandered around the room, i caught the girl's look. it was just for a second but long enough to believe she was thinking how strange my acting was.

"what?" i asked. it sounded more harshly than i had planned.

the girl looked at me from her seat and shrugged. "nothing, it's just... nevermind."

i felt so awkward. i had been simply spacing out but it had taken the girl's attention anyway. i rather packed my stuff and went away. i gave her a last glance - she was sitting there calmly in a brown hoodie, not letting the world interrupt her. it was time to go home. without an umbrella.