"You'll be able to talk to George. He'll wake up soon." Clay said, the lie rolling right off his tongue.

He knew it was incredibly horrible of him to say that, but he wanted George to himself for now. Clay pushed away the churning in his gut when Tubbo perked up.

"You really think so!?" Tubbo asked excitedly. "I've missed him so much."

Clay smiled weakly. "Me too."

He grabbed the tray, hoping Tubbo wouldn't notice the large amount of food piled on it.

"I've got to go," Clay said quickly, "See you later?"

Tubbo nodded, a smile bright on his face. He left the kitchen happily, making Clay feel horrible about himself.

He snuck back to the infirmary. No one else stopped him and Clay let out a relieved sigh as he closed the door. He stumbled in his step when he saw Karl talking with George.

They were both smiling and talking in an excited manner. Clay felt a tinge of jealousy as he walked up to them.

"Yeah, things have been rough, but― oh hey Clay!" Karl greeted.

Clay nodded tersely and set the food on the table near George.

"I'm glad to see you up and about," Karl said honestly.

George's grin wavered and Karl continued, "I'm guessing it's because George is hungry?"

Clay nodded again and sat down, "...Yeah."

George noticed his weary mood and said to Karl, "It was nice catching up with you, Karl! Thank you for telling me about Wilbur. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

Karl smiled in understanding and left the room quietly.

"What happened with Wilbur?" Clay asked.

"You don't know?"

Clay shook his head. "I told you, I've been with you the whole time."

George frowned, "Clay..."  He sighed, "Wilbur has just been making some questionable decisions, but nothing too alarming or unexpected."

Clay hated the way George was looking at him. His look full of sadness and concern. But it was Clay who was supposed to be concerned, after all, George was the one who had been in a coma.

Clay cleared his throat and smiled. "I got you food!"

George's face softened at the gigantic pile of food on the table next to him. "Thank you."

Clay nodded and handed George food. They ate quietly and Clay remembered how much he loved food. He let out a content sigh.

"How's your wound?" Clay asked between bites.

George looked down, almost as if he had forgotten about it. "Really good actually. I'm surprised."

"Alyssa did say that your body went into a self-induced coma so you could heal."

George nodded thoughtfully. He blinked quickly as he remembered, "Wait... How's Tubbo? Is he okay? And Punz? I saw him with a bow behind you... did he kill Bad? What happened?"

Clay sorted through all the questions, "Uh, Tubbo is doing good. I saw him earlier. Punz... he's upset about the whole situation, but I think he's doing better. Bad is dead... he was the spy."

George swallowed his food. "Is it over then? We have Eret and Nihachu locked up. The spy is dead... it's just their army, right?"

Clay chewed on his lip. "Yeah. It's almost over."

George closed his eyes and sighed. He leaned his head back.

"I'm so ready for this to be over."

Clay hummed in agreement. He grabbed George's hand and gently rubbed his finger over it. George opened his eyes and a look of realization swept over him

"I could feel you." George whispered, "I remember feeling you... when I was unconscious or whatever."

Clay blinked in surprise. "Really? What was it like?"

"I don't remember much, but I'm certain that I could feel your touch. It was almost as if it was keeping me tethered to you."

"Oh, wow. That's..." Clay trailed off. "That's incredible. I'm glad you could feel me."

George smiled faintly. His smiled faded, however, when the door to the infirmary burst open. The loud noise caused Clay to startle and jump up. He turned around and froze.

His jaw dropped as he took in the person at the door. The familiar figure stood tall and alert and Clay stumbled forward a step.

"Sapnap?"

-----------

a/n - oop... he's back everyone

i'm making you guys happy and bringing Sapnap back, but there's a catch...

you better still have your seatbelts on ;)

see you tomorrow. ily!!! <3