Chapter 17

Bruce, Bucky, Tony and you arrived back at the compound. You headed in and were greeted by everyone. You had to do a round of hugs and kisses before politely saying you were tired and wanted to go to bed. You walked up the stairs remembering all the fun you used to have. You headed to your room. It hadn't changed. Everything was in its usual spot.

You heard a knock at the door. You looked up and saw Bucky.

"Hey I'm giving you these back. I grabbed them in case seeing my face wasn't enough for you to come back to me." He handed you your fathers Captain America cards.

"Thanks. I'm gonna grab a pair of PJs, and grab a shower in your bathroom. Wanna join?"

He held out his hand, which you took. He lead you to his room. You noticed he hadn't changed it much. It was neat like always. You were sort of the messy one. He closed and locked his door. The two of you headed into the bathroom. You turned on the water and stepped into the shower. Bucky just wrapped his arms around you and held you close. He washed your hair and body. You just were drained and tired and he understood. You were a little lost with all that had happened. Bucky knew this and knew that he was there for your comfort. He supported you in whatever you decided to do.

After the two of you showered. You put on his sweatpants and sweat shirt and headed to bed. He just put on a pair or sweatpants and went shirtless. He laid in bed on his back. You cuddled close. Falling asleep peacefully.

***

You had mission. Take out Bucky and Hydra knew you failed. You didn't want to fail them. You must complete your mission.

Y/N!

You heard your name. But you had a mission.

Y/N!

Next thing you knew you woke up and found yourself choking Bucky.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry" you had let go and curled into a ball at the end of the bed.

After he caught his breath. "Doll? Everything ok?"

"You were my mission at Hydra and I'm scared that I'll hurt you. I'm going to go sleep in my room. I'm scared I'll do something in my sleep."

"Ok doll. I love you." He picked you up and carried you to your room. He laid you in bed and covered you up. "Hey if you have a nightmare I'm just down the hall. They do go away I promise. But it will take time. I love you so much y/N. Goodnight." He left closing the door behind him. You stayed awake for a few more hours. You couldn't sleep knowing that you almost killed Bucky. You just couldn't.

At about 5 am you finally drifted off to sleep.

***

Bucky's POV

"Morning Steve." I had headed to the kitchen looking for coffee and plums.

"Did you and Y/N get kinky last night?" Steve asked pointing to his neck.

"No she had a flashback nightmare and tried to choke me to death. She came to, and then slept in her room by herself. Her decision. I'm worried about her."

"We all are."

"I was going to ask her to marry me. But I don't think she is quite in the right mindset right now."

"Marry her?!" Tony had walked in.

"Yea and I have been meaning to ask you for her hand in marriage."

Tony looked shocked.

"Tony, may I have y/n's hand in marriage?"

"As her big brother I see that you do make her happy so yes I give my blessing."