The Last Star in the Galaxy

TW: Heavy Alcohol Consumption

After his teammates had decided to topple on top of him, recreating a game of twister in which everybody falls at the end, he glanced around to see his teammates' friends and families running out onto the pitch and celebrating with them.

Kai was being swarmed by his younger siblings, cousins, and almost his entire family who were shouting praises in another language, and kissing his cheeks, no matter how much he tried to push them off and wipe away the slobbers of moisture. Kit thought that Kai's family could have probably been enough to fill the crowd alone.

They went to all of his games.

He was very lucky.

Around three girls from his grade had come over to congratulate him, one even went in for a hug and he just resorted to patting her back awkwardly- not wanting to be rude- and trying to meander around them, his family was standing in the bleachers, tentatively waiting for him to signal them to come over, he'd thought maybe his mom had told them to hang back in case they'd embarrassed him.

He waved them over and Rose immediately sprinted down the steps of the bleachers, "You totally were the reason for winning!" She cheered, already right by his side in a matter of seconds.

"Shh!" He spat, raising his brows at some of the teammates who were shooting her disdainful glances.

"Kit what happened to your lip?" She stared at it dubiously, the frayed skin that had been completely torn apart, she wiped it with her sleeve, staining the jacket red, but the blood continued almost instantly after the pressure had been pulled off.

"Must have hit it," He shrugged, swatting her hand away.

"No-"

"Leave it, please. Don't ruin this for me." He said curtly, expression filled with bubbled annoyance.

"Fine, you should tell Mr. Delaney, though."

"Tell him what? Jesus Christ, I can't even bite my lip without this bullshit, he doesn't care about a bleeding lip okay?" He shot in a breath of cold air, "Can you just leave it? It's not that big of a deal?" He said calmly, as the iron taste continuing circulating around his mouth, his lip stung but he did not care. It was numb earlier, and he was worried about the effects of it, but he actually liked it. Even if he wasn't supposed to.

Cameron was placed on Mrs. McCain's hip but he was kicking his legs around and shouting something, and ended up being plonked back onto the floor, that was a mistake because he ended up shooting down the stairs too, his legs whacking against the metal as he tried to sprint as fast as possible. He was still young enough to have the small penguin-like walk that children have at that age.

Kit decided to meet him in the middle, and pull him up into a hug, "Up! Up!" Cameron squealed, clapping his hands together.

Kit pulled him onto his shoulders and Cameron gasped excitedly, eyes widening at the distance he was to the floor, "I want to be this big, and good at soccer like you."

Kit squeezed at Cameron's swinging legs, "I'm sure you will. If you want to. And it's football, Cam." He replied, pinching at his brothers toes through the shoes. He looked back over to the bleachers and scoffed his foot against the grass, a pile of it pulled up.

"Is he coming too, or what?" Kit asked, facing towards Rose.

"He didn't know if you'd want him to," She glanced behind Kit's shoulder too.

"Right." Kit said, blankly. He'd hoped that Theo would assume he was allowed to at least give Kit some sort of praise.

"I'll text him if you want?"