Look how great that worked out.

"Why did he even send you two?" I asked. "I was doing alright on my own."

That was a complete lie. Before Marcus and Celia came into my life I was miserable. My mother would never help me control my abilities. She thought that if she didn't acknowledge what was happening then it would magically go away.

Celia's face softened and her dark eyes stared into mine. "He said that you were lonely."

"How did he-

"He wanted you to have friends so he sent me and Marcus," she interrupted. "He also knew that because of your soul, a lot of people wouldn't like you."

I stared at the floor for a second to take in her words. Had my mother been right? Did he care about me in his own little way? I wasn't sure but the fact that he wanted me dead when my mother was pregnant was a huge red flag.

"You're his daughter," she continued. "Less than 10 people in Hell know you exist. You share half of Lucifer's soul and the other half with your mother. He is a part of you. He can sense major emotions. He probably felt when you...died."

Which is likely why Khalil was sent here so fast...

"Right."

I stared at the floor not knowing what to think. I'd never asked my mother too many questions about him. Partially because she'd avoid the topic altogether. But that didn't mean I wasn't curious.

"You look like him," she added. "Granted he does change his appearance a lot. But you have the same hair and eyes."

I wasn't sure what to say so I stayed silent. I didn't want to talk to her, but this was the most information she had ever given me. I was going to milk the opportunity while I had the chance.

"What does Hell look like?" I asked curiously.

Her brows quirked up, and she sighed.

"Some parts are prettier than others," she explained. "There are nine circles. Marcus and I live in the first," she explained.

Circles? What does she mean by circles?

"So it's not a giant fiery pit of burning souls?" I asked.

She laughed and shook her head. Celia wasn't giving me too much information but I would take whatever she would give me.

"No it is," she clarified. "That's just an entirely different circle. Us demons that were born down there are treated very well. However, If you are a sinner that descends to Hell then you'll suffer."

"Would I suffer?" I asked. "Since I wasn't born there."

She cocked her head to the side and began laughing at me. "Luci, you're the daughter of the devil," she said. "You'd pretty much be royalty."

So then maybe getting my wings wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Neither of them had told me how I would get my wings. I figured if Saint would get his by doing kind and charitable things, I would most likely get mine by doing the opposite.

"Any more questions?" she asked.

I shook my head when I knew deep down I had plenty of more questions to ask. I had to pick and choose my battles. I would extract information little by little until I could piece everything together on my own.

"Okay then," she said. "Then what are you doing Monday?"

"Nothing. I think I have work. I have to double-check."