05012021: 4:10 am

The idea of love is overrated.

Yes, I guess the feeling of being adored by another person brings joy to my heart, but let's be honest, sometimes what we see in movies, series, and books never happen in real life. Well, I guess in rare cases there are times when the romantic scenarios that we never thought would exist in the real world may happen. However, I learned that I should never believe what I see online or in fiction.

I don't hate love. As a hopeless romantic, I really love love. I live for it. All the excitement, the fights, the uncertainty of them remaining by our side. The mere thought of love sends kilig in my heart, but there are times when I expected these scenarios to happen in my life. Maybe I'll be that nerd that falls in love wih the popular guy who I suddenly bumped into the hallway and I find myself changing to be 'liked' by the jock but it turns out my best friend loves me. However, I'd still choose the jock because we're dumb like that. That's love, I guess. It has the power to make the brain go crazy.

I guess a person's irrationality stems from their feelings. There are times when someone we like would do something that we deem as a red flag, however, since we like that person, we will always try to justify their actions. Sometimes we will defy everyone, even the spirits of our ancestors, just to be with them. They might just put up a sign that says 'S/he's not worth it.' and I'll always avoid that sign no matter how bright or eye-catching it may be. Wala eh, mahal natin siya, edi siyempre magpapakatanga tayo!

However, that's what makes love pure. No matter how bad a person may be, if we love them, our rose-colored glasses are on. We might want to change them, but if you truly love them, you'd accept them despite their flaws because you see the goodness in their hearts rather than their mistakes. Let's just say that it's not pagpakatanga but rather being someone that a person needs. Malay niyo, kayo pala yung magiging rason kung bakit sila magiging better person. But never treat a person like a rehabilitation center (this is another topic, maybe.)

But sometimes love brings out the worst of us. As a person that completely hated the idea of being jealous, I have turned into a monster. It's not the lack of trust to the other person, but rather the fear of losing them to someone better. Okay, I know that you're gonna say 'Well, that person is still going to stay with you no matter what since they love you.' But love is never truly the answer here. There will always be a time where they might find someone new and there's a spark that ignites, maybe even brighter than ours. We might think that since that person loves us, it's enough. It never is. There's fate that can mess you right up. The uncertainty of the future awaits. We'll never know what's going to happen. That person may or may not leave me. Who knows? All I know is even though there is uncertainties in life that we cannot avoid, we must not let this instill fear in our lives, but rather let it be a lesson to live in the present. Hindi ka na nga sigurado sa mangyayari sa future, proproblemahin mo pa? 'Wag na lang! Let it become a problem if it arises and let future you handle it. I'm not saying not to think about the future or whatever, I'm just saying that overthinking about things beyond your reach can make things worse.

Yes, I get it. Love is something that we need to get by. Our hearts feel joy 'pag kinikilig tayo sa mga banat. Being loved and being in love can change us, for better or for worse. The idea of love may be overrated, but this doesn't stop us.  Tanga tayo eh.

Joking.