"Why, though?" she asked sharply after turning to him in her seat. Anger started to build up inside her, too. "And who is this Jessica, anyway?" she attacked before she could stop herself.

But he didn't answer and just kept driving.

"Sean, please, answer me," Allison demanded in a quieter voice, trying to calm herself. But he still didn't say a word and it made her irritated again. "Stop ignoring me, Sean! Answer me!"

"It's none of your business, okay!" Sean shouted.

"But I'm your girlfriend—"

"Just because you're my girlfriend doesn't mean you have to know all people in my life!" His eyes pricked into hers and she could see fury blazing in them. He grunted.

Sitting petrified in her seat, Allison was on the verge of tears but she endeavored to hold it back. This was the first time he became this pissed at her and spoke in high tone. "Is Jessica the one whom you've been thinking of lately?" she asked without looking at him.

Sean breathed out heavily. "Your parents should teach you some manners."

Her stomach tightened. It was unbelievable to hear those words slipping out of her boyfriend's mouth who knew exactly about her past. She clenched her fists, trying to control her emotions. "Did you forget my dad ran off and my mom's dead?"

"No wonder you behave like this."

His words hurt her heart very terribly and it caused her tears to begin rolling down her cheeks at last. She didn't know what to do, but she knew that all she wanted right now was to just get out of this car as soon as possible since its owner suddenly seemed like a stranger to her.

"Stop the car," Allison ordered, her voice shaking.

"What?"

She unbuckled the seatbelt. "Stop the car now! I want to get out!"

"What the f— Alli, are you nuts?!"

"I said stop the car or I'll jump out!" she screeched. Her tears were pouring profusely.

"The f— No!" Sean started to pull over. "What are you thinking?! No, Alli! Allison, get back here!"

After slamming his car door shut, Allison heard him calling her name but she just kept scampering away. If she was worth for him, he wouldn't leave her alone in the middle of the night on the sidewalk. But how heartbreaking it was for her when his car roared and hurtled past her in high speed instead.

***

Staring at his laptop screen, Kyle leaned back in his chair as he continuously tapped his fingers on the table. He glanced at the time on his laptop then sighed. 11:46 PM. At the moment, he was waiting for his childhood friend to be on FaceTime. Since they had gone separate ways for college over two years ago, they had a routine to FaceTime-ing at least once a month on the weekend. But in the past month, it would not be the first time his friend bailed on him and it made him upset.

Kyle sighed again. Two days ago, they had made a plan to have a call today at 11:00 PM, but maybe his friend just forgot like the last time. As he was about to close his laptop, he suddenly got a video call from this old friend of his. He clicked on the green button and the next second a brunette girl appeared on the screen, waving at him.

"Hi, Kyle!"

The way she looked into his eyes always successfully calmed him down. He knew he could never get mad at this affable girl because no matter how upset she made him, he always ended up forgiving her. He loved how she could make him smile even on his bad days.