αμφιβολία: doubt

Depuis le début

"Because I know who she is! She wouldn't do that. I couldn't... I love her Alex." Kara whispered. "Please, just give her a chance. She's never done anything to suggest that she would betray us." She pled. Alex sighed, giving Kara a hesitant look.

"Fine. Just... be careful Kara. There's more than Lena isn't telling us." Alex replied. Kara shook her head at her older sister. She knew that Alex was just trying to look out for her, but Kara would believe in Lena to the end of the time. And she knew that Lena wouldn't let her down.

"Probably because she's afraid of this very reaction Alex! Why would she tell us anything if you're going to act hostile to her." Kara defended. Alex just shook her head.

"I'm looking out for all of Kara. Lena's father could be a problem. He's Kronos' right-hand man. Even if Lena truly isn't one of them, he could use you to get to her. Could probably use any of us. I'm just asking that you be careful." Alex implored.

"I can take care of myself Alex. One Titan doesn't scare me." She said, huffing before storming off to look for Lena. Alex stared at her back.

"It's not just one Titan you have to be scared of Kara." She said to herself, following her sister's lead.

***

Kara and Lena lagged behind the others, Kara wanting to keep her distance from Alex for the time being. Lena was her priority for now. She knew her crush was hurting. And conflicted. And she wanted to do anything she could to help her. "Do you want to talk about it?" Kara asked softly. Lena just shrugged.

"I don't know. What is there to say?" Lena questioned. Kara just shrugged in response as well.

"A lot. How are you feeling about all of this?" Kara questioned. Lena sighed.

"Confused mostly. A little angry and betrayed. What am I even supposed to feel? The Titans aren't good... beings Kara. They'll do anything do get what they want. And the blood of Titan runs in my veins. He said I'm one of them, and he's right." She said, a tone of defeat prominent in her voice. Kara stopped, turning to Lena and forcing the demititan to look at her.

"You may have his blood, but you don't have to be like them, Lena. You're you. There's nothing they can do to change that. You're your own person. You get to choose what side you're on and what you believe in." Kara tried to encourage her friend. Lena smiled at Kara, nodding.

"Yeah." She said before she continued walking. Kara followed after Lena, reaching down to grab Lena's hand. The halfblood looked up at Kara, giving her a lopsided smile, tightening her grip on Kara's hand. The two had been dancing around their feelings for each other for so long that Lena just wanted to give in to it now and kiss Kara. But now wasn't the right time, for either of them.

"I guess I just... I expected something like this before I knew I was a halfblood." Lena said sadly. "I was always to follow in Lillian and Lionel's footsteps into the Luthor family business. Probably would be working in R&D or something, while Lex ran the company. It was just the expectations that came with the Luthor name. I can't help but just feel like that's what this is too." Lena confided in Kara after a moment of silence. "I thought that after this happened to me, I could escape all of that. Make my own life. I guess I was wrong." She said bitterly. Kara threw Lena a sympathetic smile.

"I can't say I exactly know what that's like, but I still think the same. You don't have to be like anyone else. You just have to be yourself." Kara said thoughtfully before continuing. "And I know who you are. You're kind, caring, strong... " Kara trailed off for a second, inhaling slightly. "You're so beautiful." Lena's breath hitched. "You're nothing like the Titans. You're everything that they're not." Lena's heart warmed at Kara's words.