μια αναζήτηση: a quest

Lena sat down in the chair opposite J'onn, relaying the words the Oracle had told her. She could see his features become more and more concerned with each line. He was frowning as she finished. "Is everything alright sir?" Lena asked. J'onn grunted, sitting back in his chair.

"I will admit, this is worrying. A halfblood with the attention of the Titans." He said, visibly troubled. Lena bit her lip, recalling her dreams the previous night. But chose to keep it to herself, not wanting to worry the Headmaster further. Though in the back of her mind, a voice kept telling her that the two events were connected.

"But the Gods have decreed that you are to lead this quest, and so you must. Your destination will be Mount Othrys, in San Francisco, the traveling West portion." J'onn said and Lena nodded. She had learned the basic information about the Titans and the Gods in one of her intro classes. The history of Zeus imprisoning the Titans in Tartarus was true. But a few decades ago he released them. No one knew why and many thought the decision foolish. But Kronos and Zeus had come to an agreement that Zeus would free the Titans from their prison, siphoning some of their powers, weakening the Titans. As well as confining them to Mount Othrys. They were not to leave their home, nor come anywhere near Olympus, as doing so would violate their deal and they would be cast back into Tartarus.

"You will have the choice of five students to accompany you on this quest. It sounds as though it will be important for you do bring your friends along on this quest, so choose wisely. And the last line, I do not know what to make of it." J'onn said. Lena nodded in agreement. She didn't know what that meant either. And in the end, one will ascend.

"What will be will be, however, and there is nothing we can do to stop fate." J'onn continued. "I suppose you'd like some time to think about who you'd like to bring?" Lena nodded. "Very well. Was there anything else you wished to speak with me about? You were coming to talk to me about something." Lena shook her head.

"No, sir. It's not important. I just was wondering how I was doing in my classes and such." She lied. "As you've said, I'm doing very well. That was all." She said, hoping J'onn would buy her excuse. He gave her a strange look before nodding.

"Very well. Please come see me when you've chosen your companions. You will probably need to set out on this quest soon." Lena nodded, standing from her chair.

"Thank you, sir. I will make my decision soon." She said, bidding the Headmaster good day and leaving his office.

***

Lena had a little bit of time before her next class, so she went down to the fight pits to see if Kara and Mon-El were there. And as per usual, they were. Lena approached them but didn't call out to her friends, deciding to observe. Kara really was incredible with a sword. With her enhanced strength, it allowed her to handle her large broadsword with ease and swing it with such strength that she made it look like she was handling a gladius instead. Mon-El on the other hand generally tended to use a more conventional long sword. And as he didn't have Kara's strength, he had to rely on his speed and footwork instead.

Lena watched the two trade blows for a few minutes before Kara glanced her direction and caught her gaze. The blonde beamed, tilting her head to Lena's direction as she said something to Mon-El that Lena couldn't hear. The two stop fighting, heading over to their friend. "Hey, Lena!" Kara said happily as Mon-El also greeted his friend.

"Hey. Don't stop on my account." Lena said perched on one of the benches. Kara brushed her off.

"You're good, we probably need to take a break and cool off before classes, right?" Kara said in Mon-El general direction. The brown haired male nodded in affirmation, sitting down next to Lena.