ομολογία: confession

Start from the beginning

"The Titan Hyperion has been the one visiting me in my dream." Lena finally said. Alex and Maggie frowned, a concerned look crossing their faces. Mon-El and Winn just looked confused. And Kara placed a gentle hand on Lena's shoulder.

"What did he say?" Alex asked, not entirely sure she wanted the answer.

"He said that they are planning something big. A war. And he's trying to get me to join them." Lena said, choking out the last part. The entire group was visibly taken aback at the admission. Mon-El was the first to recover.

"Why? Why would he do that? Why would a child of one of the gods help destroy our parents?" Mon-El asked. Lena gulped.

"Because I'm not a child of the gods. I'm a child of the Titans." Lena said quietly. Alex's eyebrows shot up, as did Maggie's and Winn's.

"No. How? The Titans hate humans. Why would they have a child with one? How do you know he wasn't lying to you?" Alex fired off. Everyone else seemed to be speechless. Though Kara still had Lena's hand in her grip.

Lena just shrugged. "I don't know how to answer that Alex. He just said something about my humanity. And I know he wasn't lying to me because he swore on the River Styx he would tell me the truth." She said bitterly. Alex narrowed her eyes slightly.

"You're sure you didn't know?" Alex asked cautiously. Both Lena and Kara shot Alex a dirty look.

"Alex, she wouldn't lie about something like that. If she just found out, she just found out." Kara scolded her sister before turning to Lena. "You know this doesn't change anything, right?"

"But it changes a lot, Kara," Lena argued. The Gods have been lying to her. Using her. Though Lena decided to keep that thought to herself. They may have had their reasons. At least, Lena hoped that was the case. "I'm a risk," Lena said. "Who would ever trust the child of a Titan?" Lena said bitterly.

"I would!" Kara said, looking up and around at their friends, who all nodded in agreement, even Alex though she was a little more hesitant about it. As was Winn.

"We all would." Mon-El insisted. "We know the real you Lena. You're not like your dad. We trust you. And that's all the matters." He finished, Kara nodding in agreement. Lena found herself throwing Mon-El a small smile.

"Thank you." She said to him. He just waved her off.

"It's what friends do. It's what family does."

***

While they had some evidence of what the Titans were planning, the group still needed to complete their journey to Mount Othrys. So they packed up quickly, having lost a day and a half. They decided to grab a bus to San Francisco. It would be a 15-hour ride, but it was the safest and quickest way. Flying wasn't an option. Not with monsters after them. They might have been able to get a car, but none of them were sure how long that would take.

So they bought their tickets at the bus station right outside of Vegas and boarded a Greyhound to San Francisco. Kara insisted on staying close to Lena for the entire trip, Lena, her mind still reeling sat in silence next to Kara, resting her head on Kara's shoulder, cuddling up to her side, seeking comfort in her friend.

Kara, on the other hand, was feeling conflicted. Not about Lena's parentage. Nothing about Lena had really changed. She was still the same person, no matter who her parent was. What she was conflicted about was telling Lena about her feelings. She desperately wanted to tell Lena what she felt for the younger girl. But after the day's revelation, she wasn't sure if it was the right time. She could only imagine the thoughts rolling around in Lena's head. Loading her with her feelings of affection wouldn't help.