αποκάλυψη: revelation

Start from the beginning

"You'd better not let me down Sawyer, because you still owe me dinner from that pool game you lost last night." Alex retorted. Maggie laughed as the two shot out towards the Scythian Dracaena, moving with speed and grace that only two seasoned combatants with years of team experience together could do.

Winn grabbed a few small bronze spheres from his pouch, looking at them hesitantly. One of the Scythian Dracaena hissed, approaching him. Winn's eyes widened. "Well, here goes nothing." He said to himself, pressing his thumb into a little indent in the sphere, tossing it to the woman in front of him. With her shield strapped to her arm, she was able to have a free hand to catch it. Winn backed away slowly from the monster as she frowned, examining the sphere. Winn heard a quiet beeping from the device before the monster dropped it, quickly trying to back away from it. Unfortunately, she wasn't quick enough and the sphere exploded into a cloud of bronze shrapnel, hitting the Scythian Dracaena that had held it and hitting another that had been approaching Winn as well. Both women screeched out in pain as the small pieces of bronze were lodged in their skin, the heated metal slowly melting into the monster's hides.

This left Lena and Kara to face four of the Scythian Dracaena on their own. Kara stepped slightly in front of Lena, in an effort to protect her. Lena was going to protest, but Kara held her behind her with her free hand. "Please, let me handle this." Kara murmured to Lena. 

"I don't need protection Kara." Lena hissed quietly. "I can handle myself." She said, echoing Kara's own words from that morning. Kara frowned, but still shielded Lena from the four women approaching the halfbloods.

"Do not worry daughter of Zeusss. It is only you we want. The other is not to be harmed." The leader of the pack of monsters hissed. Lena frowned as did Kara, who raised her broadsword with both hands, freeing Lena from her grasp, the young halfblood stepping out from behind Kara to face the monsters head on.

"What do you mean?" Lena questioned curiously. Kara eyed her friend, but stayed silent for the moment. The leader hissed, pointing to the sword Lena held.

"You are The One . Not to be harmed. At the command of Lord Hyperion himself. The others, are to be killed." Kara's gaze hardened at the declaration, while Lena just furrowed her brow.

"What do you mean, The One ?" She questioned again. Kara was about to open her mouth, but the monster cut her off.

"Lord Hyperion will tell you when the time isss right. For now, all you need know iss that your friendss must die." Lena tightened her grip on her sword, her anger at all of the cryptic words growing. Lena could feel her skin growing hotter by the minute. She failed to notice Kara backing slowly away from her, a slight look of fear in her eyes as Lena's skin began to glow a golden yellow.

"I am so tired of this!" Lena said in a dangerously low and cold tone of voice. "People getting to decide what I am allowed to know and not know." Her eyes narrowing at the monsters in front of her, who also seemed to be cowering in fear of the power that Lena possessed. "You will tell me what I want to know or I will send you all back to Tartarus." The woman hissed angrily, approaching the monsters in front of her, all trace of her previous fear gone.

"We cannot..." The Scythian Dracaena stammered, holding her hands up in submission of Lena's display of power. "You mussst understand. Lord Hyperion has forbid usss..." Lena wanted to scream. All this talk of Hyperion and his involvement in her life. Lena felt her anger bubble over at the mention of Hyperion, the heat on her skin hot enough to burn someone that touched her.

Suddenly and without warning, Lena was enveloped in a bright, searing light causing Kara who had backed away a few feet to shield her eyes. Though she heard the monsters scream as the light faded. Kara gasped as she watched Lena fall to the ground, unconscious, rushing over to her friend, getting down on her knees, shaking Lena slightly in an effort to wake her up.