νέα ημέρα: new day

Start from the beginning

"About what?" She asked.

"This whole... quest." Lena raised an eyebrow.

"I mean... no more than you'd expect. Why?" She asked. Kara sighed.

"I feel like I shouldn't be. I'm a daughter of Zeus. We're supposed to be known for our leadership skills and sometimes bullheadedness. But all I can feel is apprehension. Like there's something brewing right underneath the surface of all of this." Lena set her coffee down on the end table next to her. She wrapped her arm around Kara's shoulder.

"I promise you that everything will be okay. Because I can't know that. But I can promise you that I will do everything I can to get everyone home safely. No one will get left behind. We're a... family Kara. We stick together." Lena said, the words somewhat foreign on her tongue. But if it meant soothing Kara's fears, she would say whatever she had to. Kara placed her coffee down on the end table, turning to Lena, hugging her friend.

"I just don't want to lose anyone. I've lost enough already." Lena could hear the tears in Kara's voice. Lena just held Kara in her arms, her heart aching for her friend. Kara had lost a lot in her life. Her family. Her friends. Her city.

"I know," Lena said simply. She didn't give Kara any other words. She just sat in Kara's arms, allowing her friend to let all of her feelings out.

***

A little while later, all of the group were down in the lobby with all their stuff. Lena went up to the desk to check out, noticing the same concierge was at the desk from the previous night. He just stuttered and accepted the cards Lena handed him, tipping his hat to her nervously. Lena smirked, a little amused at the lasting effect she had on him. She walked back over to her friends. "Alright, we're all taken care of, ready to head out?" She asked. Maggie glanced at the man at the desk, eyeing the back of Lena's head uncertainly.

"Damn Little Luthor, what did you do to the poor guy? Threaten to murder his friends and family?" Lena rolled her eyes.

"No. I just... threw the Luthor name around a little bit." She said, deflecting the statement. Alex raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. Mon-El and Winn laughed a bit, the former man giving his friend a thumbs up.

"Didn't know you had a mean bone in your body Lena." Mon-El teased. Lena narrowed her eyes playfully.

"I'm sure there's a lot about me that you don't know Mon-El." She snarked back.

"Yeah, but I bet Kara does. Since you share everything with her." He said suggestively. Lena blinked as Kara sputtered a bit. She hit Mon-El on the shoulder. "Wow, damn Kara. Uncalled for!" She just glared at him and he shook his head to himself. "Fine. I'll stop." He said murmuring something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like 'when you and Lena finally pull your heads out of your asses and kiss each other already.' But both girls had already turned their attention to Alex, who was pulling out a map.

"So I'm thinking we should probably try to get to Nebraska tonight? I checked last night, it's about a 9 to 10-hour drive. We can stop in Lincoln for the night. Grab a hotel there and then see what's next." The group nodded in agreement with Alex's suggestion. The six halfbloods exited the hotel, walking over to Alex's car. Maggie, as usual, went around to the passenger's side door, Alex driving and the remaining four piling into the back.

It seemed that Lena and Kara had found a nice arrangement of Lena sitting on Kara's lap, so Kara slid into the seat first, Lena following her and sitting down on top of Kara. "I'm sitting next to Lena and Kara this time Winn!" Mon-El insisted, though everyone knew it was probably going to be more uncomfortable for his larger frame. But Winn shrugged, opening the door and gesturing for Mon-El to get in. The son of Ares sidled up next to the two girls, smiling happily. Winn got in last, shutting the door behind him. Alex put her keys in the ignition and started the car. "You guys secured back there?" She asked. All four of them nodded. They were secured as best they could be really. Alex nodded, backing out of the parking spot she was in, and heading back out onto the road, getting back on the freeway.