"This is so exciting! We're going on a quest together!" She said brightly. Lena had to chuckle at Kara's exuberance. But she nodded.

"Indeed we are. So, what do we all need to do before we set off?" She asked, directing her question to everyone. Alex seemed to be the one who was most prepared.

"I'll be driving, so we've got transportation covered. I don't exactly know what supplies everyone wants to bring..." She trailed off, looking at the group.

"I've got my toolkit," Winn said happily, patting the backpack he had slung over his shoulder. "Gift from my dad." He said without further explanation.

"I'll need to go to my room and grab my sword," Kara admitted, and Mon-El nodded.

"Same here. Probably should bring my shield too." Lena furrowed her brow.

"You have a shield?" She questioned, never having seen the son of Ares use one. Mon-El shrugged.

"Yeah. I've been trying to work on my swordplay without it." Lena raised an eyebrow but Kara leaned over.

"I'll explain it to you later." She whispered.

"Maggie and I have got our stuff covered, right babe?" She asked her girlfriend, who nodded with a wide smile on her face.

"Yep!" Maggie said, patting the dagger sheath attached to her thigh. Alex had a backpack as well, along with a short staff strapped to her back. Lena also had Mon-El's old gladius attached to her hip. She had gotten used to training with it and her friend said she should use it as long as she needed. He didn't need it anymore after all. Lena was touched that he was willing to gift her with her first weapon, but that made it all the more special.

"Looks like it's just you and Mon-El who are unprepared this morning Kara." Alex teased her sister. Kara pouted.

"Hey! I was hungry." She defended herself. She turned to Lena. "Want to walk to my dorm with me?" Lena shrugged and nodded, agreeing to keep Kara company on the walk over.

"Alright you three, the rest of us will be waiting in the parking lot for you. Don't be too long." Alex said, taking charge. Lena found she didn't mind it much. Alex had this air of authority about her and was far more organized and experienced than the rest of them. Kara smiled, steering Lena off in the direction of her dorm, Mon-El heading to the forges where he had left his sword earlier when he was sharpening it.

***

"So, excited?" Kara asked. Lena shrugged.

"I mean. I guess? I'm still kind of nervous, you know?" Lena mumbled. Her friend nodded sympathetically.

"If it makes you feel better, this is my first quest too," Kara said. "I've always wanted to go, but just never had the opportunity to go until now." Lena smiled softly.

"I'm glad I get to give you your first opportunity then," Lena said. "I'm glad you're coming along to be honest." She also admitted. Kara smiled brightly, wrapping an arm around Lena's shoulder as the pair continued walking.

"I'm happy you picked me too." She said softly. Lena inhaled abruptly, hyper aware of Kara's arm wrapped around her. "You know, Mon-El is pretty excited too. I think he's just eager to put his training to practice and bash some monsters." Kara said with a laugh. Lena joined in with a chuckle. She could certainly see the headstrong, but somehow also lovable son of Ares going toe to toe with a hellhound.

"I'm sure he is," Lena said, fiddling with the handle of the sword at her waist. The two finally reached the Zeus dorms. Lena was going to wait for Kara outside, but the exuberant junior grabbed her hand and pulled her inside. Lena had never been inside the Zeus dorms, even though she had been friends with Kara for a few months. They always ended up hanging around the quad, cafeteria, fight pit or sometimes in Lena's room. Kara always bemoaned Lena's luck for having an amazing view from her bedroom window.