ρύθμιση: adjusting

Start from the beginning

"You're up on the second floor, room 11 right?" Lena nodded in affirmation. "Need any help?" He asked, Lena, looked at Kara then back at Adam and shook her head.

"I think we're good here, thanks for the offer, though," Lena said politely. Adam nodded.

"Well, I'll probably be seeing you around then, Lena. Welcome to the Apollo dorms." He said with a friendly smile, going back to his friend sitting on the couch. Lena and Kara headed up to the second floor and quickly found room 11. Lena opened the door to her new room.

Like her room in Baker, she had it to herself. However, like the lobby downstairs, the room had one large window that almost took up the entire outside wall. Lena looked around, seeing a number of weapon hooks to place a bow and arrow, as well as a sword. The rest of the room was a pretty simple dorm room. Typical sized bed, a small wooden desk with a piece of paper on it, probably her new schedule, along with a closet and set of drawers for her stuff. "Well, I'll say, your window is a lot bigger than mine. I'm almost jealous." Kara teased, setting Lena's bags down on the bed.

Lena set the bags she was carrying down on the floor, walking over to the window. From where the Apollo dorm was situated, her window had a really nice view of the middle of the quad, sunlight streaming into her room, lighting up the white walls. Kara walked over and stood next to Lena. "Nice view." She remarked. Lena nodded absentmindedly. "Need any help unpacking?" Kara asked. Lena shook her head.

"No. But you're free to stay and keep me company if you're not busy, Kara." The blonde smiled and nodded, going over to sit on Lena's bed while the dark haired girl unzipped one of her bags and started putting clothes away.

"So, how's your first year going?" Kara asked curiously. Lena glanced over at Kara who was watching her intently.

"It's been okay. Weird to get used to all of this." Lena gestured arbitrarily. "But I've been managing. You guys have helped a lot." Lena mentioned and as her back was turned, she missed Kara's face light up.

"I'm glad." The blonde said honestly. "I remember when I first started school here. I had lived with the Danvers here for a number of years before, but going to school here is something else." Kara said. "Being around other people like yourself makes you feel more normal than I imagine the outside world does." Lena grabbed some more stuff out of her bag, nodding.

"It does. I mean, my family was nice enough. Lionel and Lex were at least. But I always felt like I never really fit in with them." Lena said, neglecting to tell Kara about her unstable relationship with Lillian. Kara nodded.

"I hear that story a lot. James, Winn, Mon-El, Maggie. They've all got similar stories." Kara replied. "But we've all found family here. In a manner of speaking." Lena nodded thoughtfully, not replying to Kara's statement. The room was silent for a few minutes as Lena finished putting away her clothes. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence like Lena thought it would be. Lena went over and sat on the bed next to her friend, picking up her new schedule from the desk, groaning as she looked it over.

"Of course it had to be archery classes," Lena complained as Kara chuckled at her friend's misery. "Don't laugh Danvers. I swear one day I'm going to kill somebody with the arrow."

"That's kind of the point, isn't it?" Kara said cheekily as Lena rolled her eyes and shoved Kara's shoulder.

"Not what I meant!"

***

Luckily Lena still had Ancient Greek with Maggie and still had her free period with Mon-El and Kara. Most of her free time was spent down at the shooting range or the fight pit with her two friends. Sometimes Winn would join them when he had his class during that time slot canceled, which was pretty often.