ACT ONE || THE FOOLISH OF BAROQUE

𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗕𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗗

𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗕𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗗. Guinevere Baroque was never one of to be took as an example of patience, much less when it was about her own family. A mother who was never there, to the point she was banished from the family and recorded as dead. A father that only cared about their legacy and neglected her studies from the moment Lancelot showed his aptitude as swordsman. But she never fell under the pressure of a drunk, womanizer and troublemaker brother or of the families around them pushing for a marriage. She could be the first in the line as Duke of Baroque, however, being a woman in a society of men was a daring thing. With royalty was easy, Silvanna was the clear example of it. But for a noble family? As the daughter, it was her obligation to marry and have children. Wanting, or not.

After much insistence, she was able to enter in the Ursula magical Academy. And graduated as a top student in the advanced years, needing just three more years to end her time there. Having to go back home because of a emergency, as her father had called, and then discovering that her little brother was missing and the last time he was seen was by a bunch of drunks in a hellhole made every emotion she held back for years scream inside and outside. The pressure, the despair, the weight of a broken family and a judgmental court, her little brother was missing because she wasn't there for him. But there was also the dangerous thought in the back of her mind: Marriage was no longer an option. It was a fact. 

So when she got in the gates of her house, she sighed. 

The Baroque territory was the same of her memories. Although some of the counts ordered changes in their houses and the knights patrols were more strict, everything was equal. But Lancelot- he wasn't there.

After the incident, Guinevere was officially the solo heir. And, after her father pass away, the title of arch-duchess should be hers. And that was a good thing, since there was no intention of  getting married any time soon. But then again...

What the fuck was her father doing?

Now her world, built piece by piece, crumbled. Her veins burned with the ire she hid for many, many years. The faced she created as the ice heart sister faded when she despaired in front of everyone, with tears on her face and screams in her brother's name. And the perfect lady was not there when she, without any second thoughts, used her own magic to throw her father from their mansion. Because she couldn't believe he would betray her like that. No. She knew he would do this, but desired that it didn't happend. 

She needed her little brother. And deep down Guinevere knows. He wasn't an idiot like everyone wanted to believe. Lancelot Baroque was a genius like her. He is still alive and she would, no matter what, have that foolish child back home.

For both her sake, and his.

࿇ ══━━━━━━━ ✥◈✥ ━━━━━━━══ ࿇