twenty five

"WOAH, woah woah," Violet started. "Robby Keene is Sensei's son? Like, the Robby Keene with the Dora haircut? That one?"

"Who else do you know that's named Robby Keene, Violet?" Miguel asked tiredly.

She held her hands up in defense. "Just making sure . . . Do the others know?"

Miguel shook his head. "I'm going to tell Hawk now."

"Good luck with that one."

Rolling his eyes playfully, Miguel looked back at his friend. "You sure you don't want to come along? The beach isn't horrible right now."

Violet's eyebrows furrowed. "The beach?"

"Yeah . . . He didn't tell you? Him, Demetri, Moon and I were supposed to go today."

Shaking her head slowly, "No."

"Oh," Miguel replied, frowning slightly. "Do you need me to hit him when I get there?"

"No," Violet chuckled lightly. "I'll just call him."

"Alright, whatever you say," he said, shrugging. "See you later!"

"Bye, Miguel!" Violet called as he turned the corner. Right as he was out of sight her smile dropped. She clicked on the call button and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey, Vi," Hawk's voice sounded through the phone. "What's up?"

"Hey, Eli. Um, how come you didn't tell me about going to the beach today?"

There was silence for a few seconds.

"How'd you find out?"

"Miguel might've mentioned it, but— Eli that's not what I asked. Why was everyone but me invited?"

"I— I don't know," he said in a strained sort of voice. He was lying.

"You're lying," Violet muttered quietly, her worry growing by the second. "Please tell me there isn't something going on with you and Moon."

"No!" This time, Hawk answered quickly. "No, I promise you there isn't anything going on between us. Vi, I l— er, I would never do that to you."

"Okay, sorry," she sighed. "I trust you. I'm just scared."

"Vi, there's nothing going on, okay? I promise. It was supposed to be a guys day, but Moon got added in last minute yesterday," he spoke truthfully this time. "And I was being a dumbass and assumed you wouldn't have been happy about it because it was super last minute and I know how you don't like when things aren't planned out ahead of time. I should've asked you, though, I know. I'm an idiot."

"It's fine," Violet said. "You're not wrong, I probably would've been a little pissed off, but it would've been nice to at least know."

"I know. I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Eli. Really."

"Alright. Well, when we get back I'll go to your apartment, have a movie night, and I'll even have my hair down."

". . . You promise?"

"Yes."

"Deal," Violet agreed immediately.

"We good now?"

"We were never bad."

Hawk laughed, "Okay. Well, I'll see you tonight."

"Bye."

After the movie night, Violet was definitely going to make her boyfriend wear his hair down whenever he went to her apartment, or she went to his house. It was a lot easier to cuddle with than a mohawk was. He surprisingly agreed, saying that it felt nicer with her hands running through his hair.

He ended up staying the night, but left in the morning to get his gi from his house. They were both rather smiley until Robby Keene was brought up.

"I did a deep-dive online, and you were right," Hawk told Miguel as they stretched. "Sensei is definitely Keene's father."

Violet was staring at the mat, deep in thought.

"But why wouldn't he tell us?" she asked, more directed at Miguel.

"I don't know," Miguel replied, looking as lost as she was.

"Well, it explains why he's giving us shit for kicking Keene's ass at the tournament," Hawk said to Miguel. "Show no mercy, unless it's his son. Then we gotta be pussies."

"Yeah, that's not fair at all," Violet muttered. She was more angry that Johnny punished them just because it was his son. That was unfair.

"You guys," Aisha spoke, looking upset. "Have you seen the commercial? Sam's dad started his own dojo and he disses Cobra Kai."

"Are you shitting me?" Hawk asked. Aisha shook her head. "Show us."

When the commercial finished, Violet was glaring at Aisha's phone.

"Students!" Johnny shouted from the doorway of his office, gaining all their attention. "We're going to do something a little different this class. I'm sure you've seen the Miyagi-do commercial by now, right?"

There were some nodding heads and "yes"'s.

"And are we gonna let them get away with that?"

"NO!"

"Damn right!" Johnny bellowed. "We're filming our own commercial. Right now."