Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Remus!" Severus yelled when Remus lifted him on the floor and wrapped his legs around the man's waist. "You are so..."

"So what?" Remus replied, then stuck out his tongue. "Brilliant? The best? Handsome?"

"Well, obviously all of those, but you can be rather surprising."

"Well, thank you. I like surprising you."

"I like your surprises."

The Gryffindor grinned and spun around, Severus held on tighter. 

"Prat!"

"Aw, I love you, too, Sevvie!"

Remus continued to dance, twirling in slow circles around the sitting room floor in silence. Severus rested his head on the other man's shoulder, kissing his neck occasionally. 

"Remi..." Severus mumbled, breaking the peaceful silence. "When the school year's over... could you- would you come live with me and Harry?" Severus asked quietly, glancing at the floor. "It'd be nice."

"You'd... actually want me to? But we'd have to... my transformation-"

"Remus." The Slytherin looked up through his hair. "I want you to live with me and Harry. If you don't want to, that's-"

"No!" Remus exclaimed, cutting the other man off. "I want to. Really."

"You do?"

"Yes. I just... worry about my transformation. If you can't make my potions, just in case, we need somewhere for me to go. Sev, do you really... You really want me to? Have you asked Harry?"

He shook his head. "I knew he'd get too excited and be devastated if you said no. But yes, Remus. I want you to live with us. If it's too early or something, you don't have to, it's just... Harry needs you."

"And?"

"And?"

"And what else?"

"And... I want you. I want you to live with me. Please."

"Sev." Remus brushed Severus' hair out of his face. "Can you do something for me?"

"What?"

"Stop saying Harry needs something when you need it, to," he said. "It's okay to need me. It's okay to want me to be with you. Can you tell me when you need me?"

"I can try... I don't do good with this... stuff."

"I know. You're getting better."

"So..." Severus smiled. "Will you?"

"Yes. I will. Gladly," Remus said. "As long as you want me to."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bloody hell, place is fancy..." Severus mumbled when he walked in the doorway of the restaurant. "Remus, what the hell?"

"We deserve it, come on."

"Was it hard to get a reservation?"

"Not really, no." Remus walked over to the front desk. "Reservation for Lupin?"

"Right this way, sir," the waitress said, grabbing two menus and started walking.

"I thought you'd like it here," Remus whispered. "It's a Wizard restaurant, we don't have to pretend."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

They sat down at their table, which was thankfully in the a corner where there wasn't a lot of people.