—————————————————————

"Move!"

"Hurry!"

"We need an emitter over here!"

"Conjurers! We need more conjurers at the line!"

Many of the adventurers were pushing and shoving as they tried to get through the teleportation gate. By order of Captain Drogo, the wounded and younger soldiers and Adventurers were to go through the gate, while everyone else held the Alacryans back. They would then slowly back off as groups broke from the defensive line to escape. However enough of these adventurers chose to keep to the dungeons to avoid the Alacryans, so given the situation many ignored the plan and ran to the gate causing utter chaos.

As many pushed their way to escape, something no one else expected happened, someone came back through. Arthur flew over everyone's heads as he sized up the situation. No one knew who just flew in, but thought they must have been crazy. Arthur landed close to the defensive line with a stomp, and immediately a wall of stone and ice erupted from the ground. Alacryan soldiers that were too close were either crushed by the wall when it hit the ceiling, or were completely cut off from their forces and easily killed.

"EVERYONE EVACUATE THROUGH THE GATE NOW!" Arthur yelled while using sound magic to amplify his voice.

Very few questioned Arthur and turned and ran to the gate.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Captain Drogo demanded as he looked for the source of the voice.

"Nice to see you again captain," Arthur commented as he walked over. "By order of Commander Virion, I am here to relieve your unit so you can retreat."

"Just you?" Drogo questioned.

"No," Sylvie jumped down from his shoulder and began transforming. "My bond is here to help me."

As Captain Drogo and several others gawked at the sight of Sylvie in her full sized dragon form, Arthur's eyes widened at a horrific sight. Jasmine was dragging someone off the line, someone with long red hair. She was clearly calling for an emitter, but not one soul was running her way.

"Sylvie come on!" Arthur dashed over towards Jasmine as Sylvie followed.

"Jasmine!"

"Arthur?"

Arthur slid in to confirm what he feared, Jasmine was dragging Adam, with a stone spike running right through his abdomen.

"Hey," Adam said with a forced smile. "So the little monster came to see me off?"

"Not funny you idiot," Arthur replied, then looked up to Sylvie. "You can heal him right? I was told you were taught some healing magic."

Sylvie shook her head. "I'm sorry, my healing isn't powerful enough to heal this."

"Maybe you can with more emitters. Jasmine, try and find someone."

Jasmine nodded and ran off

"Don't worry about it," Adam forced out before coughing up blood. "I had a hell of a time. Just do me one favor."

"Name it," Arthur replied.

"Name your first son after me," Adam managed a smirk.

"Like hell I'll do that, but hang in there and I'll make sure he calls you uncle Adam."

"Do you really want me around your kids?"

"No not really," tears began streaming down Arthur's cheeks. "But if you survive I'll deal with it."