"Perhaps." The Han boy pushed himself up off of the surface, slipping past Miyeon and ducking under Gowoon's arm with little difficulty. "You can ask your questions when I've got changed. Come on Miyeon."

The older girl smiled apologetically at Gowoon as she was pulled past by Seojun's outstretched hand, waving at Mrs Lee as she watched in shock as her eldest son dragged his best friend into his room.

"So did you do it on purpose?" Miyeon asked, gently prying his fingers off of her wrist and walking over to his closet, pulling open the doors.

"Maybe." Seojun sat down on his bed and watched her. "So are you planning on picking my outfit out for me, or what?"

"Oh no - just curious." Miyeon twisted away and closed the doors behind her, resting on them with her palms flat against the surface. "I should go an answer some of your sister's and mom's questions whilst I wait, how much do you want me to tell them?"

"Not too much. They're trying to listen outside the door anyway." Seojun replied, smiling up at the girl and following her gaze over to the door, where shuffling could be heard.

"I'll tell them a little bit. Now do try to look a little different, otherwise people will actually think that we're dating." Miyeon shook her head as she stepped away from the closet doors and walked towards the entry to the room.

"Well that was the aim." The Han boy's voice followed her out into the living area of the apartment, where her eyes landed on the mother and daughter sitting beside each other on the sofa and staring at her.

"Miyeon - lovely to see you." Mihyang was the first to break the silence, standing up from her seat and rushing over to the girl, taking both of her hands and guiding her down onto one of the smaller chairs beside them. "So I've heard from Gowoon that you and Seojun have been spending quite a bit of time together."

Miyeon had never quite imagined having this conversation with Mihyang, or with any adult at all - well perhaps that was an over exaggeration, but the Hwang girl had known Seojun's mother and sister for years and this type of talk hadn't been prepared for or thought of.

"Yes.. there has been a situation within the past week or so that had us spending a lot of time together." Miyeon's reply was well thought-out and somewhat diplomatic, tone held steady and not indicating at anything.

Seojun might have said she could say a little bit, but she had no idea how much they new and if she was just going to repeating things back to them. And so, she would listen carefully to their replies and navigate around it.

She was being far too calculated about it, trying to measure up the two girls she had known for months so that she wouldn't accidentally let something slip. This sort of thing should definitely take place when Seojun was there, but she couldn't have waited in his room whilst he changed, which gave her little to no choice.

"I've heard that it's not only the past few days, but ever since you two have made up. And according to what Gowoon has heard there seemed to be an incident at the hospital?" Mihyang pressed. She wasn't trying to test Miyeon, just taking on the appearance of a curious mother so that Gowoon and her could find out what happened.

Because whilst they were mostly polite and sincere, they also knew what they wanted and were forthright about it.

And in this case, they wanted to find out what had occurred between the two best friends that caused them to become that much closer than they were before. It was plain curiosity.