˗ˋ 37

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter thirty-seven ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

The next morning Miyeon found herself being woken up by a rather strong shake

The next morning Miyeon found herself being woken up by a rather strong shake. "Hwang Miyeon." The voice was slightly harsher than she was used to, and her eyes flickered open to find it not Eunjoo, but Seojun.

It was quite the wakeup call, and Miyeon shot up, backing away from him. The Han boy laughed, holding out a glass of water and her backpack out to her. "You fell asleep whilst talking to me last night. You're too heavy so I couldn't move you." He said, and as she looked around, Miyeon realised with a certain alarm and horror, she was in Seojun's bed.

"It's the festival today. You're free to go." He said, standing up. "My mom is making breakfast, if you want to stay. But I'm going."

"Just wait, I have a change of clothes in my bag." Miyeon stood up out of bed, feeling rather uncomfortable in the clothes she had fallen asleep with. "Gowoon is singing today, isn't she? I should go watch. We could watch her." She began to ramble, before a hand covered her mouth.

"I'm not treating you any differently, remember?" Seojun replied, and Miyeon froze, seemingly having forgotten this.

"Right.." She cleared her throat, tugging her clothes out of her bag. "I'll be in the bathroom." The Hwang girl rushed out, saying her good mornings to Mrs Lee and Gowoon, disappearing into the bathroom without answering any of their questions.

Her change in outfit was a light and dark blue plaid skirt, along with a white shirt tucked in and a matching dark blue over it. After changing, she washed her face and brushed her hair, the small bag of makeup she had hastily stuffed into her bag last minute proving to be useful.

Exiting the bathroom, Miyeon was drawn over to the kitchen by the delicious smell, and found that Mrs Lee had cooked them breakfast, Gowoon already finishing hers, hurrying towards the door, quickly saying goodbye before disappearing.

"She's performing today. It's a shame I can't be there." Mrs Lee commented, as Miyeon slipped onto one of the seats. "But Seojun's going, and I have a checkup, so it's alright."

"I was planning on going and watching, I know what an incredible singer she is." Miyeon said with a smile, jumping slightly as the door to Seojun's room opened far too quickly. The Han boy stepped out, faltering when he saw her sat down.

"I thought you would've left by now." He said quietly as he sat beside her, watching as his mom served up the breakfast she was cooking, placing a plate underneath their noses.

"I hope it's alright, it's been a while since I've cooked it." Mrs Lee said, the two teens eating it quickly reassuring her that it was delicious. "This is just like how it used to be." The woman reminisced. "Mind you, if Seo-" She stopped speaking rather quickly, a flurry of movement coming from the seat beside Miyeon - who had decided to ignore it.

"If I weren't reminded of the similarities of so many of those nights you stayed here." Mrs Lee quickly said, placing a second helping on her son's plate, who had eaten it very quickly.

"It is similar, isn't it. I don't think I've ever been that tired, sorry for falling asleep in there." Miyeon replied, looking over to Seojun, who shrugged, not saying anything else.

Not long after and a couple of helpings later, Miyeon and Seojun were leaving the apartment, walking towards the bus stop. Or so she thought.

As they turned a crowned, the silence that had occurred so easily between them was broken by the sound of keys, and she hesitated in her step, eyes flickering down the street to see Seojun's motorbike right where it usually was.

"You got them back? Didn't slip them into any of Jugyeong's pockets?" Miyeon asked, and Seojun scoffed, shaking his head as they walked towards it. "If you think I'm getting on that again you're wrong."

"I didn't ask you to. Unless you want to, of course. A free ride - you did used to love it despite your fear. Besides, I reckon you enjoyed it after the Karaoke bar." Seojun replied, swinging a leg over the seat.

"But they're dangerous - and the way you drive doesn't make them any safer." Miyeon stopped by the motorcycle, looking conflicted. "And what if people see us?"

"I'll drop you off a street or so away." Seojun said, coming up with the answer easily. He held out a helmet, Miyeon stood so close that he was practically pushing it into her hands. "I'll drive extra carefully. Although, if I do go a bit too fast you can't tell me to stop. Otherwise I wonder what people would do if they found out you slept over?"

"Are you blackmailing me?" Miyeon asked, but all the same she pulled the helmet over her head and sat down, arms hanging loosely around his waist.

He ignored the burst of warmth and tingling sensation that came as her arms tightened, Seojun having pulled the helmet on and started the motorbike.

And just like that they were off, Miyeon still ending up on a motorcycle despite her hatred for them.

Seojun could be rather persuasive, but his attitude was strange. It seemed that he wasn't the only one forgetting that he was supposed to be treating her the same way that he had done for a year now.

 It seemed that he wasn't the only one forgetting that he was supposed to be treating her the same way that he had done for a year now