˗ˋ 35

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter thirty-five ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon practically skipped away from her house that night, so glad not to be trapped in it for yet another few excruciating, dark hours

Miyeon practically skipped away from her house that night, so glad not to be trapped in it for yet another few excruciating, dark hours. She had texted Eunjoo before coming home from school to tell her that she didn't plan on staying that night, and if she would be so kind as to put out a few boxes of meals in her room.

She had returned home after school with no time to waste, climbing up the ladder into her room and changing out of her uniform and into more comfy clothes - jeans and a sweater - putting the boxed meals into an empty backpack and disappearing out of her house again.

It seemed that both her parents were home, guessing from the car parked in the driveway and the company car nearby and Miyeon hadn't exactly planned a family reunion for that night. She had a better family to be with, even if it wasn't her own.

And she was prepared to stay away for the night, depending on how long she took. A change of clothes were folded neatly at the bottom of the bag, and she had plenty of money for a room somewhere.

Her destination was only a bus ride and a short walk away, and soon enough Miyeon was climbing up the stairs, walking along the long stretching corridor until she reached the door she was so accustomed to.

Miyeon rose her free hand and knocked on the door, a smile readily arranged on her lips. "Good eve.. evening." The smile didn't altogether fade when it was Seojun who opened the door, but it seemed that she hesitated fully. "Good evening." She repeated with a nod of confirmation, looking up at the Han boy.

"Do you do these things to purposefully annoy me?" Seojun leant on the doorframe, looking down at her. "You didn't have to take up Gowoon's offer, I'm sure it was purely out of politeness."

"Then I'm sure then you'll be polite enough to move out of the way. I'm not here for you, Seojun, and I wasn't during my first visit." Miyeon shrugged. "And you said that you didn't care if I came."

Seojun opened his mouth, then promptly closed it again, moving out of the way so she could come in. "Gowoon, your friend is here." He shouted. "Don't touch anything, I'll be in my room."

"What are you accusing me of?" Miyeon turned around, only to be greeted with the Han boy's bedroom door closing. "Gowoon, hey." Another door opened, and it was from the girl's bedroom.

"I brought you a few things, and some food. Does your mom get back soon?" Miyeon asked, as the two of them sat down on the sofa, Gowoon peering in wonder at the multiple boxes of food she pulled out.

"She should be home any minute now. Did Eunjoo make these?" Gowoon questioned - the Han family were well acquainted with Miyeon's housekeeper after the many years of the two former-trainees knowing each other. "Wow-" She exclaimed, as Miyeon finally finished getting out the boxes.

"I asked her to put a couple in my room for when I got back.. I think she was prepared for this." Miyeon laughed. "Oh - and as well as food I brought you a few things."

"Oh.." Gowoon watched as Miyeon pulled out a larger box, opening it up to reveal quite a few things - a folded jumper, several packets of sweets and perfume.

"I know you-" Miyeon stopped herself, lowering her voice. "I know you don't want to tell anyone, but I just want you to know I'm always here for you, I always have been."

"Except when you were in New York." Gowoon pointed out with a smile on her face, Miyeon laughing again and about to reply when the front door opened.

It was Mrs Lee, and after quite a flurry of greetings and thank yous and just general chatter, Miyeon found herself sat around the table, Gowoon and her having heated up the food she brought.

"I really didn't have to stay." Miyeon said, as they began to get food. "Especially when we're not exactly friends. It must be quite awkward for him." She didn't even need to mention names, Gowoon and Mrs Lee nodding.

"Why don't you go in a give him some food." Mrs Lee suggested, not even giving Miyeon time to reply as she began putting servings of the food onto a dish. "Will he like this?" She asked, pointing to one of the many bowls.

"Oh.. I don't think so." Miyeon replied, wincing slightly as she figured that she wouldn't be able to get out of it now. "I should be back quite quickly." She said, excusing herself and standing up.

This could either go rather well, or the complete opposite. And Miyeon was betting on the latter.

 And Miyeon was betting on the latter