˗ˋ 39

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter thirty-nine ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Following the ending of Gowoon's performance, Miyeon and Jugyeong followed the crowds out of the hall and into the open area outside

Following the ending of Gowoon's performance, Miyeon and Jugyeong followed the crowds out of the hall and into the open area outside. They exited out of the doors, standing to the side as they spotted the group in all white.

Gowoon spotted them, runniing over and hugging Jugyeong, smiling up at Miyeon who returned the grin. "You were seriously the best." Jugyeong told her, the proud smile on her face.

"You did so good, Gowoon." Miyeon continued, the younger girl thanking them both. "I didn't do anything - it was all Jugyeong." She shook her head, looking over to her best friend.

"It's my brother." Gowoon said, looking over Miyeon's shoulder and raising her hand to wave him over. The Hwang girl froze, edging closer to Jugyeong, who looked slightly confused until she saw the boy handing Gowoon her flowers.

"Han Seojun?" She asked, and the boy looked towards her, eyes flickering over to Miyeon for only a moment.

"Do you know each other?" It was clear the question was directed towards Jugyeong and Gowoon, and Miyeon kept trying to back away, before Seojun glared at her. The cold atmosphere had returned, and it seemed that he really treating her like he usually did. Not that she had expected otherwise, she had just hoped.

"Do you know my brother?" Gowoon looked towards Jugyeong. This seemed to go on for a little while, and the Hwang girl stared at the floor, awkwardly playing with her bracelet.

"Jugyeong! Miyeon!" Suddenly, between the two best friends was Sooa, who was dressed in a rather fluffy onesie. "I need your help. Soo suddenly can't make it."

And after quick goodbyes, Sooa - who, despite her size was incredibly strong - dragged Jugyeong and Miyeon away, and the three of them made their way up to the changing rooms.

"Why do you look so pretty?" Sooa asked, and the pair on either side of Jugyeong looked her up and down. "For whom?"

"Actually.." Jugyeong looked between them. "Nevermind! I'll tell you later." Sooa began to protest, and Miyeon would've joined her, if she hadn't spotted the rather large costume pig head on the side.

"A pig! I can't wear that." Miyeon exclaimed, and Jugyeong had the same reaction, the both of them looking horrified.

"Do you want to be the bunny?" Sooa asked, holding up another head, this one with floppy ears attached to the top.

"Can I do neither? Jugyeong, I'll take you shopping, it's my treat. I don't think I could physically.." Miyeon trailed off, shuddering.

Jugyeong nodding, happily taking the pig head. "You're so silly." Sooa said, in response to Jugyeong rather suddenly proclaiming her love for pigs. "Change and then come to the basketball court, come on Miyeon." Sooa began to pull Miyeon out, the Hwang girl looking back at Jugyeong with a more than just grateful smile on her face, mouthing 'thank you' before leaving the changing rooms.

The pair made their way down to the court, after having picked up some energy drinks for those playing. They went to their places in the stands, Sooa holding the head to her costume, waiting for Jugyeong.

"You're here? I thought you had a study session today?" Sooa said, and Miyeon looked up to see Soojin stood the other side of her.

"I'm playing hooky." Soojin replied, a smile on her face as Sooa nudged her, laughing at her reaction. Miyeon saw Jugyeong approaching, pig head already over her own and swapped places with Sooa, so that all those in costumes could stand together.

"Jjoo, what took you so long?" Sooa asked, adopting yet another nickname for Jugyeong. "What took you so long, come on!"

Peering over at the girl in the pig costume, Miyeon frowned after Jugyeong didn't reply, not looking as excited as she had been before.

The doors on the other side of the court crashed open, and Suho made his way across, leaving his bag by the side and unzipping his hoodie and heading onto the court.

The game began moments later, and it seemed that it was becoming very much Seojun and Suho trying to one up each other, scoring one after another for their respective teams.

But right at the last moment, Suho scored again, making his team win. The side cheering Seojun and his team on deflated, arms sinking to their sides.

The game was over, and as Miyeon, Sooa and Soojin cheered, Jugyeong kept her hat on. The competition mainly being between Seojun and Suho becoming very apparent as the latter approached him after the end, saying something before stalking off.

And all Miyeon could say she was glad that a fight didn't break out, but what had turned the both of them so hostile, she had no idea about.