˗ˋ 09

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter nine ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Jugyeong and Miyeon left the bathroom arms linked, and seeing Seojun still stood there, Jugyeong stopped them for a moment - thinking it was Suho

Miyeon didn't have time to correct her, scrunching up at her nose, feeling awkward. "Thanks... But why did you help me?" Jugyeong said, the Hwang girl wondering when exactly she should step in and say something.

But as Seojun turned around, she didn't need to, Miyeon avoiding his gaze. "Hey, you." Seojun said, staring at Jugyeong. "Nevermind. You better bring back my helmet tomorrow." He continued, raising his voice a little.

"Okay!" Jugyeong said, before tugging Miyeon away, the girl stumbling slightly as they sped up, Seojun shouting after them.

They returned to the classroom, arms still linked. Everyone within was chatting with one another, but stopped when they saw them walk in, Miyeon letting go of their arms.

"Jugyeong, are you ok?" Sooa asked, the others crowding around.

"I'm sorry." Hyunkyu said, looking nervous.

"Don't play around like that again." Soojin said, sounding annoyed. Jugyeong still hadn't said anything, and Miyeon glanced over at her, wondering if she was ok.

"It's okay. I'm fine, I swear." Jugyeong insisted.

"I was super shocked when I saw Lee Suho earlier." Sihyun said. "It's the first time I've seen him helping someone."

"He probably did it because the dean was right there." Sooa replied quickly, waving her arm around. "By the way, our Jugyeong is still pretty even if she got cake all over her face." She continued, moving forward to take Jugyeong's other arm and pull her forward to her seat, past the crowd.

Later on, Miyeon was walking along outside, having needed some fresh air after everything that had happened when she saw Jugyeong sat with someone - she looked like she was debating something with him.

"Im Jugyeong!" She shouted, moving quickly over to where Jugyeong was walking away. "Is that your brother?" She asked, watching as Jugyeong nodded.

"Those boys think your pretty - even after the cake." Miyeon mused, taking one of the snacks Jugyeong offered. "Hey, if you're not busy, could I get off at your stop tonight? I don't feel like taking the bus all the way back."

"My stop?" Jugyeong asked. "But why?"

"I don't want to go home early. I'll walk you back to your house then walk around a bit, find somewhere to sit for a while and get home when I want to." Miyeon explained, not letting on too much.

In reality, she had various reasons why she didn't want to go home. The house was either going to be empty, or had one or both of her parents in. She still hadn't seen her mom, and had avoided her dad since she left breakfast.

Another reason was because of the thoughts. She hadn't had these specific ones until the night before, and figured that if she stayed away from that awful bathroom then she could keep away the thoughts for longer.

"Sure - there's a park nearby and a few shops." Jugyeong nodded, and Miyeon beamed.

"Thank you so much! I'm just going to go to the bathroom, but see you in English?" Miyeon didn't get a chance for Jugyeong to reply before running off.

Like promised, she appeared in English, almost falling asleep in the back of the class. She was a little more awake in the following lesson of Science - if not then she could probably burn her hair off.

After school ended, Jugyeong and Miyeon made their way back home, ignoring the various comments the boys on the bus made and getting off.

"I haven't been around here for a while." Miyeon said, as the two of them walked down the streets. "Anywhere you suggest?"

Jugyeong began to list off a few places, but they just went in one ear and out the other, as Miyeon saw Suho stood outside a store. She avoided his gaze, nodding as Jugyeong kept talking, repeating a few of the phrases.

"Whilst you're here.." Jugyeong trailed off as they walked down the path to her house. "I have Seojun's helmet."

"Oh I meant to ask about that. How did that happen?" Miyeon asked, the pair reaching the gates of her house. Jugyeong began to explain as they walked in - she had been knocked over by him when he was on his bike.

"That di-!" Miyeon exclaimed, Jugyeong clapping a hand over her mouth just as she opened the door.

"Jugyeong, I need you to-" A woman's voice began, before stopping. "Is that a friend?"

Miyeon pulled her shoes off, standing up and bowing as the woman on the sofa got up, coming over to greet her. "Oh you're so pretty. Jugyeong's never brought home a friend before!"

It seemed, even though Miyeon had wanted to go to Jugyeong's house for a distraction, just to drop her off there and look around a bit, she had found somewhere where she could kill some time.

Because it didn't seem like Mrs Hong was letting her go anywhere any time soon.