SPECIAL CHAPTER 12

Start from the beginning

Lisa is amazed. "You can tell this from a typed letter?"

Her remark makes Namjoon realize that he has been aware of Rosé for much longer than he has thought. After reading all the lunapig's drafts, submissions and proposals, he is indeed able to differentiate her writing style from another person's. And if he has started noticing her from so long ago and still let her escape, how stupid does that makes him?

Lisa taps on the signature on the letter. "It is true I typed the letter but she did sign it."

"Let us put this matter aside for the time being. Tell me how she is feeling now."

"She seems fine although it is hard to tell with concussions. The doctor has ordered her to be warded for 1 week."

Namjoon hangs his head in frustration. "It is all my fault."

"Of course it is your fault. Oppa, perhaps you may find it amusing that Rosé has a crush on you but I have to ask you this. Do you know how long has she liked you?"

"How long?"

"12 years."

"That cannot be true. I do not know her 12 years ago."

"It is true" And Lisa tells him about how he rescued her from some bullies when they were still teenagers in school. By right, such a common story would have lost its novelty, but as Lisa recounts the tale, she feels that her friend is too silly to have wasted 12 years of the best time in her life on some imaginary dream guy. "Only a dummy would put a stranger in her heart for 12 years."

Namjoon finally realizes the depth of the hurt caused by his teasing and curses himself silently.

"Oppa, on account of the fact that she has secretly liked you for so long, if you don't like her, please have a clean break with her. It is really not easy for her all these years."

"There is no way I am giving her up. She is will be the one for me. Lisa, can you help Brother in law in this one Ohh......"

"Another person can never help declare your liking for someone. But I can tell you that she is still angry and I would suggest that you give her a few days before approaching her."

Lisa is pleasantly surprised by Namjoon's attitude and would love to share what she knows with Rosé. However, she does not want to spoil her friend's surprise so she purposely kept quiet about Namjoon when she visits Rosé at the hospital again the next day.

Rosé seems to have reverted back to her normal self and spends the next few days walking around in the ward and chit-chatting with other patients. Thanks to her bubbly nature, she is very well-liked by the nurses and patients alike.

When she has nearly well enough to be discharged, Namjoon finally appears with a bouquet of flowers behind his back. He is banging on the hope that she has cooled down sufficiently because he misses her terribly and is nearly at the end of his rope. Lisa has not forgotten to mention that Rosé's doctor is a young man with gentle bedside manners, and the reminder of "Young!" and "Gentle!" fueled his urgency to meet her asap.

He spots her before she sees him, as she shares a dragon fruit with another patient and comments on its taste. She does not appear any worse for the wear but the baggy hospital uniform has a way of making people looking frailer than normal which causes his heart to constrict. As he walks over, she finally spots him. He has a lot of things that he wanted to say to her but in the end, it all melts down to a smile showing he's dimples and a word "Hi."

Her eyes redden. "What are you here for? Go away! I do not want to see you."

"I have came to apologize. I am sorry."