CHAPTER 29: She Likes Me PT.2

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook does not understand Lisa's obsession to see the Herdsman meteor shower. That is a 4-time occurrence in 100 years and chances of seeing the rare phenomenon is really minuscule; unless her real aim is to go out on a date with him?

But if she is so desperate to go out on a date, why would she choose such a hard-to-spot meteor shower? If they do not see anything, won’t it spoil the mood? And if her aim is not a date, what then is her real motive?

When his brain cannot find the answer, Jungkook turns to the forum and starts a post with the title: If a woman insists on bringing a man along to see a meteor shower, what does it mean?

Jungkook is a popular  in the forum and his posts are usually greeted with replies like “Da Shen!”, “Please take a picture with me!”, “May I have your autograph?”, etc. Still, there are several academics in the forum and many start to talk about astronomy. After a while, Jungkook interrupts their enthusiastic replies with: She does not know all these. She is a Commerce student who majored in Business Management.

That got everyone thinking. Someone called Little Star replies: It must be because she likes you, Da Shen!

Jungkook replies a bit proudly: I know that.

That riggers a chorus of “Oh my gosh” and “ Those showing off their love-dovey stuff should be lynched!”

Little Star is more patient: She must be wanting to confess her liking for you but lacks the courage to do so. Even pigs know how hard it is to see a Herdsman meteor shower so if you guys see it, it must mean that you guys are fated. When it happens, she will find the courage to speak up…. arrrhhhh! I too want to fall in love! Can some woman chase after me please?

Many who read the post agrees with the first part but when they see his last bit, they hold back their reply and rather pretend they do not know this fellow. Jungkook also thinks that Little Star has a point. Gauging by her careful maneuvering, it should be about time she professes her liking for him. Regardless of the method she chooses, Jungkook is actually quite touched by Lisa’s efforts and thinks that her idea is already quite good for a dummy.

The next afternoon is the regular lunch date with his brother and father. Old Proff Jeon should be able to return home in about a month’s time and is feeling rather happy. Even when he sees many dishes that he likes but cannot eat across the webcam, his good spirits remains undaunted. As they eat, Old Proff Jeon asks his youngest son with pretend nonchalance: “How are things going between you and Lisa?”

Namjoon silently gives his dad a thumbs-up for his way of lulling Jungkook into a false sense of security before turning on the question tap.   He pauses the act of picking up something with his chopsticks and waits for the reply which Jungkook replies easily: “She is about to profess her liking for me.”

The two are surprised and delighted to hear this but Namjoon is a bit more cautious. “What makes you so sure?”

Jungkook tells them about the upcoming trip to see the Herdsman meteor shower and His Dad nods his head. “I think your analysis is correct that Lisa is about to confess her feelings. Little Rascal, have you decided to accept or reject her? Warning, there is only one correct answer. If you give the wrong answer, see how I will come after you when I am back!”

Jungkook stares at his bowl of rice. “I have not decided.”

“Can we all backtrack a bit.” Namjoon taps his chopsticks gently against the side of his bowl to get their attention. “Why do I get the feeling that something is not quite right here?”