"Red or White wine?"

I hadn't even realized where we were until I opened the menu.

Josiah said he had reserved tables for us at a fancy restaurant. And I was so lost in conversation with him I didn't notice the sign at the entrance.

He was telling me about his funny childhood memories.

"Daniel!" I manage to whisper across the table. "This place is expensive."

This place was beautiful, I had seen a few advertisements on tv about this place. Even heard my friend's talking about it.

He smiled as I kept my eyes glued to the funny words on the menu. "Your worth the expense Hailey." I hoisted the menu over my face to block him from seeing my cheeks. I don't know if the makeup blush was covering my actual blush so I just kept it there till a waiter came over.
I distracted myself by looking at him, the waiter was well-dressed in his black bowtie, white button down shirt and a white towel thrown over his forearm.

"Welcome back Mr. Eirman, will it be the usual tonight?" The waiter asked with a smile.

The usual? How many chicks he brought to this joint?

I sat there in complete silence

"We're still taking a look at the menu." Josiah spoke for us. "But for now we'll take some wine."

The waiter nodded before Josiah spoke again. "I'll be having Australian Cabernet Sauvignon..." Josiah paused I think it was my time to speak.

I've never really drank nothing higher than beers and sparkling champagne. But I guess I can always try something new.

"Uhm, I'll just have something simple." I said not knowing what to say. I looked over to Josiah only to see he had an eyebrow raised. He smiled at me before smiling at the waiter and dismissing him.

"Something simple?" He started "Have you ever had wine before?" I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head from side to side, a little embarrassed.

"Its okay, always nice to try new things." He smiled. " Oh and by the way, just because he asked if I'm having the usual doesn't mean I bring girls out here a lot." My eyes shot open as I regrouped what Josiah just said. "Yeah that's the same expression you had when the waiter asked me the question." he chuckled.

A few minutes later the waiter was pushing a tray towards our table. It had wine, wine glasses, napkins and a ice bucket on it.

He poured Josiah a glass of his wine first I saw Josiah taste it and nodded his head. The waiter then filled the glass midway.

He came over to me with the question "Red or White wine?" I hesitated then decided to go with the color of my underwear which was luckily red.

"Red wine please." I replied, he did the same thing he did with Josiah's Wine so I drank it nodded and got the rest of my wine.

For the rest of the night we ate, laughed and talked, turns out we have a lot in common. Which was weird cause we were from two completely different worlds.

I ended up taking the whole bottle of champagne and finishing it, after the waiter told Josiah it was on the house for the beautiful girl.

*********

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?" I cried out like a baby.

"We're not there yet." Josiah laughed as we walked up his driveway.

I was thrown across his back, drunk.

My hair was now down, somehow the pin fell out.

"You had way too much wine." He said placing me down and trying to unlock his door with one hand while trying to hold me with the other hand.

"It was a...a...amazing!" I said slurring my words.

"Come on we gotta get you to bed." I could hardly make out my blurry vision as I was lifted into Josiah's arms bridal style. "I already had Macy call your grandfather to tell him you'll be staying the night with me." He added

"You mr, are one cute doggy." I grabbed Josiah's cheeks and started pinching them like my grandma and her friends used to do me when I was smaller. He couldn't stop laughing.

A sense of calmness blew over me and I laid my head on Josiah's muscular chest. I was engulfed in the same masculine sweet scent I smelled when I first got in his car.

It's funny how I'm right here with him, from the first time we met to now has been nothing but a fairytale. Hope it lasts.

"You know..." I trailed off. "It's crazy how one ride home in a stranger's car made me meet one of the most amazing person." I dipped in and out of consciousness as I fought back the sleep. "Thank you Jojo, for being in my life." He had already reached what I think was his room when he whispered in my ear.

"You gotta get changed." But before I could respond I had completely blacked out.

____________________

Author's Note

If your wondering about the part where she went with the color of her underwear. I was laughing too caz I'm wondering WTF was I thinking😂.

_______________

Thank you for reading this far into my story, I really appreciate it. ❤

Comment "What is your favorite wine?"

Share and press the Star⭐Icon

#Drenched