Silver Stilettos

Author's Note;

I don't know a thing or two about New York, but the city fascinates me.

I did some research and  tried my best to make this book experience as real as possible.

So please bare with me and comment my mistakes.

_________________________________________

I struggled making my way up the stairs because the bags were blocking my walk way.

As I reached my room I set them on the floor and plopped down on my bed.

I was really tired. I took a look at my phone to check the time, it was 5:45 pm.

"I mean a half an hour nap wont take too much of my time to get ready?"

Without second thought I drifted off to sleep.

***********

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm going off I had set it earlier as a reminder that I had a date.

And knowing me I set an alarm for every half an hour before the actual time because I just never seem to wake.

I sat up on my bed rubbing my eyes with one hand as I used the other hand to turn off my alarm.

I had an hour and a half to get ready. So I started by taking a quick shower and washing the grease out of my hair.

I turned on some music and danced in the mirror as I brushed my teeth and blow dried my hair.

"Oh am on tonight, you know mmm mmm mmm," I sang to Shakira hips don't lie with my toothbrush in my mouth, "don't you see baby this is perfection."

After blowing my hair out I took out the curling iron and plugged it in to heat as I fetched for the little makeup I had left in my bathroom drawer.

It was just enough to make me look natural with a little sparkle.

I applied my bb cream, blush, mascara a little bit of lip gloss, eye shadow and some highlight.

~1 hour later~

"Perfect!"

I looked at myself in my full body mirror, I had curled my long auburn hair and pinned it up.

Thank you mom for this hair and this spicy Latina body.

I felt two large hands rest on my shoulders, I looked up in the mirror to see my grandfather standing over me smiling.

"You look just like your mother." I saw a tear slipped from his tired eyes. My smile grew wider.

"I came up to tell you that there is a handsome man waiting for you downstairs." I shook my head nervously. "So I'm guessing your going on a date with all this commotion upstairs." He laughed I loved seeing him laugh, it made my heart sing to know he's happy.

I smiled once more and watched as he walked out of my room.

I grabbed my purse and hauled on my stilettos, I wobbled a bit before steadying myself on the door frame.

As I made my way down the stairs I thought about how Josiah was going to react.

When I entered the living room they were both standing looking at baby pictures of me. They hadn't noticed I walked in because they both had they're backs turned to me.

I cleared my throat to seek their attention, Josiah was the first to turn.

He was suited in a black suit and tie with a white undershirt. His dark hair was laid back with hair products. He was well-dressed for the occasion.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw me. He was too stunned to speak.

My grandfather patted him on his shoulder. "Beautiful isn't she?" He let out a slight grin.

"Yes indeed," Josiah retorted. He finally relaxed and walked over to me taking my hand in his "You look beautiful Hailey." I loved when he called me by first name. "Thank you." I smiled holding my head down to hide the blush. Although I was in heels he still managed to tower my small petite figure.

"Okay you two," my grandpa started, "be out the door. And make sure you keep my granddaughter safe young man." He pointed at Josiah, was that a threat? I smiled.

"Yes sir, I give you my word." Josiah replied with a smirk on his face.

"Bye grand papa." I smiled and hugged him before heading out the door.

________________

Author's Note;

Okay Mr. Eirman, with your charms and witty remarks. I am loving it!...
Are you?

**********

Let me know if your loving it in the comments.

Also comment, Who is your favorite character so far? 🤔

Please Comment, Share and Press that little Star⭐ Icon

Bye loves😍
#Drenched