The Replacement

Artemis and Percy soon realise that the Vice-President of the USA is in Chicago for an important meeting. They suspect that it is an plot to destabilise the USA since the Greek Gods follow the flame of the west. A weakened west would lead to weakened gods.

Percy and Artemis take their findings to the council. Halfway through the meeting, Apollo gives out a prophecy.

Time shall help terrorists
Those who have risen from the darkest depths
Will try to blow out the flame
Water and Fire fight together
To save the president
Underworld and Archer fight in
Chicago and destroy the signal
The death of the daughter of the sky shall bring defeat
Yet, she must assist the maiden
In defeating the monsters

Zeus : We will discuss this prophecy.
Athena : I think the first line means that Kronos is rising again with terrorists. Kronos has summoned some monsters from the depth of Tartarus. They will try to destroy the flame of the west.
Percy : Leo and I will go to protect the President and Frank and Nico will protect the Vice President who is in Chicago. They will also need to destroy the towers sending the signal.
Artemis : Thalia will need to fight with me and help me in defeating the ancient monsters. Yet, she must not die.

Zeus commands Hephaestus to plate all their weapons with mortal steel so that they are able to kill the mortal terrorists. He orders Athena to make a plan with Hecate and place them instead of existing mortals. He tells Ares to give them the ability to use modern weapons like Firearms, Grenades, RPGs and Smoke Bombs.