|Chapter 10|- A challenge from Lobelia Girl's Academy!

Michael's POV
"Wait, Really?" "All the afternoon classes have been canceled?" Both Kuro and I questioned, he and I looking at each other as we then looked at the girls at my desk, "You mean no one told you?" We shook our heads 'no'.

"It's going to be crazy around here for the next two days." "Ouran is hosting an exposition for the cultural clubs. Drama and Choir clubs from a bunch of other schools have been invited. It's a big event the school hosts annually."

"Really? Hmm." I hummed, placing my pointer finger and thumb on my chin, thinking of ways to tell Haruhi the news I have just been blessed with, also trying to figure out what kind of dish I should make so that she could get better.

She didn't come today, because she stayed up all night doing work and studying for a test that was for today; she ended up overworking herself and got sick. What am I gonna do with her.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by two hands being placed on my shoulders, making me stiffen, also getting spooked.

"Go buy us some more, Michael." Of course it's the twins. Their choice of words made it easy for me to figure out what they meant by "go buy some more", making me slouch. "Why do I have to go get it?"

"Because you're the only commoner that's here today and no one knows where to buy it." "We've even been serving it to our guests lately and besides, it's part of your job." The twins both listed as they fixed me up, lifting me up over their heads like a plank of wood.

"But the cultural club exposition starts soon." I argued, "Yeah, but it's not mandatory so if you're not interested, you don't have to go." "And with that being said."

"Be careful out there!" They both said at the same time, ushering me out of the classroom with Kuro in my arms, him wearing a pink spotted bow—Mr. Mephisto is that you?

"Damn them. I really don't like those two—or anyone else for that matter beside you, Rin, Master, and the ones back home. I can tolerate them better than these people." Kuro growled, struggling to take off the bow, needing my help.

"Thanks for helping them out, Michael." "No prob. I just wish that they'd buy their own instant coffee." I mumbled, "Well, I don't know if that'll ever happen but I'm glad they seem to be having a great time. And it's all thanks to you." One of the two girls from before told me, her choice of words gaining my attention.

"All thanks to who now?" "Huh?" "We've been in the same class as the twins ever since middle school. They didn't use to be this cheerful and friendly. They were always quiet and withdrawn—they didn't have many friends." "It's like they didn't want anyone to get too close." "I don't think they liked school very much; they seemed so bored by it." They both told me.

All what they were saying was pretty much similar to how I was with my own brothers. "I guess things started to change when the host club was created. Since then, they've come out of their shells little by little."

"Really?" "But they've really opened up since you and Haruhi joined the host club, now they talk and joke with everyone in class."

"That's why we wanted to make sure you knew how grateful we are to both you and Haruhi. Because of you two the twins are having fun and enjoying each day to the fullest."

Hmm.

———————

Hearing about how they acted before we met them caused me to think of myself, because I was pretty much the same as them. Always sticking to my siblings' sides, never really being seen without one of them.