5 - I just want my mom

"I'm home!" I yelled through the apartment as I walked through the door. I had just gotten back from Nico's after our second tutoring session. We had our first one about two days ago and we have two weeks left before the essay is due. He agreed on my idea so we were able to get started with it.

"Don't yell!" I heard Gabe yell from the living room.

"Bitch." I muttered, dropping my backpack and looking through the fridge as I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"What did you say?" He asked and I froze. I could've sworn I said it under my breath. "I asked you a question." He said, grabbing my shirt.

"I didn't say anything."

"Bullshit." He said with his teeth gritted. "Where were you?"

"At my friend's house." I said, wondering when the hell my parents were going to come home.

"Name."

"N-nico." I said, terrified with what's about to happen. One of the moments in my life when I should lie but of course, I didn't.

"So you're gay now?" He asked, slamming me against the wall and punching me in the face. "If I knew you liked being fucked up the ass I would have done it for you."

"I didn't fuck him! He was tutoring me." I said, trying to get out of his grip.

"That better be what was happening because I won't have a fag living in this house." Gabe said before dropping me and walking away. I took a deep breath before peeling myself off the floor and going to my room. I grabbed a pair of clothes, walked to the bathroom, took a shower, and then struggled to finish the rest of my homework but I managed.

"Hey honey." My mom said, coming into my room.

"Hey mom." I said, giving her a smile. She looked at me sadly before sitting down on my bed and putting one of her hands on my face which I relaxed into.

"Another fight at school?" She asked, lightly rubbing my eye which had already developed a bruise.

"Yeah." I said, giving her a half smile. "Nothing bad, just the same guys."

"You have to tell someone. I hate seeing my baby coming home all bruised."

"It's okay mom. I can take it. Besides, I only have another year and a half before I can leave and I will never see them again."

"That's not a good way to think about it but it's up to you." She said, kissing my head.

"Sometimes you have to let them win."

"I know honey, I know. Goodnight, I love you." She said, standing up and going up towards the door.

"I love you too mom." She gave me a smile before turning off my light and closing the door, leaving me in darkness. I closed my eyes, hoping sleep would take me sooner than later.