2: Cold

"Run"

"Get out of here"

The room was filled with screams.

I covered my ears.

The screams got louder and my ears started ringing.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.
————

I quickly opened my eyes.

Another nightmare.

As much as I want to forget everything that has happened to me, the past is still haunting me. I can't seem to move on. Some people seek comfort from others when they get nightmares. It's different for me. I don't want to engage with humans. In fact, I don't think I'm capable of doing so.

"Everything will be ok" I said to myself. I haven't had human contact in ages. To be honest, I have never tracked time. I don't know how long I have been alive and I have no understanding of what time really is. For me, time went by very painfully and slow.

Chuuya's P.O.V

"Whatever" I muttered and got up from my seat.

"Come on now Chuuya" my boss Mori smiled at me. "You don't want to do things that you'll regret" he said as he twirled a knife on the table.

Was this a threat?

"What exactly am I ordered to do?" I asked as I put my hands in my pocket. "Find the girl" he said.

My eyes widened.

"Are you talking about-" I stared but got cut off. "You know exactly who I'm talking about" he said. I looked at the floor. I didn't know what to do. Finding that girl wouldn't be easy. I have no clue where she could be hiding.

"You know she has a special power" Mori replied. I clenched my fists. "What are we supposed to do with her at the Port Mafia?" I asked. "Imagine how powerful the Port Mafia would become with her joining our team" he said. "What if she refuses to join?" I asked. "That.." he started and pushed the knife into the table. "Is a problem for later" he finished and got up.

He walked up to me.

"And don't disappoint me" he grinned before walking past me, leaving me alone in the room.

I looked out the window. That girl. How was I supposed to find her?

Your P.O.V

My head was aching. The sound of birds chirping made me nauseous. Any sign of life coming from outside made me feel sick. I live in an abandoned storage room. It's dark, filthy, cold, and humid. I don't mind it though. I've been here for so long. This is the only place that I can call home.

I sat down on the floor. The cold breeze coming from the window made me shiver. The window is shattered, making it possible for air to come inside. Unfortunately, I do not own different clothes. I've been wearing the same pair of clothes ever since I got here. I take showers regularly, but it doesn't do much since I get changed in my old clothes again.

It's been getting get colder since the winter is about to start. My clothes aren't going to keep me warm. Every winter I get sick and try to cover myself with whatever I can find.

I held my knees to my chest. "I miss you" I said as I looked at the floor. "I wish I could have done something" I added. "Why do all the good people have to go?" I asked as I started fidgeting with my fingers. "One day, I will join you both" I said and looked up.

"Wait for me, ok?"